2019 U.S. Nationals Senior Men FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2019 U.S. Nationals Senior Men FS

GGFan

Record Breaker
I would have Jason in second but he's back skating at Worlds so I'm still happy :hap57:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Yeah, fair result I'd say. Even with Vincent's URs, his tech was just so much higher than Jason's. And Jason did pop a couple, so ...

Nathan has a 60 point lead. 60 points over a couple of other very good, very world class skaters. I'm losing my mind.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Probably would have been a bit closer internationally between him and Jason (even Charlie said that 4Lz was under), but Jason made mistakes so I can’t argue with the result.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So is Nathan's 58+ points win over Vincent a record at US Nationals?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is a crime Vincent ended up ahead of Jason. Like I literally want to call the police.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Had Jason omitted the quad and done a couple of triples instead of popping a quad and singling a salchow, he'd probably have the silver now. I can't argue with the order of finish of the top 7-8 guys though. Judges got it right.

frida80

Record Breaker
Amazing how Nathan can be a bit sloppy on the GP even with winning everything but then he comes to Nationals and doesn't put a foot wrong. He did the same thing last year. This kid knows how to peak at the right time.

Last season he has tons of sponsor obligations so his schedule was crazy. This season, clearly moving across the country to go Yale affected him. I think he's handled the move quite well.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Well wow Nathan. Just WOW.

Neither Vincent nor Jason were perfect and I'm hoping Tomoki manages to get a 4CC spot.

Now that the event is over, I want to give Charlie and Michael a ton of credit for great commentating. They were quiet during the performances, unafraid to be critical while still being kind, and had great rapport. Same with Charlie with Ben for the ice dance commentary, actually. I hope these exact pairings get more mileage.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Ok, Nathan is my baby hardcore but can we slow down on the beating Yuzu thing?

I'm not saying he can't but please remember everything Yuzu brings to the table. It's the butter jumps and the transitions before and after. It's the musicality and the flow over the ice. Having the judges overlook those things would not be a good thing because I want Nathan to continue to grow.

Just my two cents :slink:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I still remember the sloppy FS Nathan Chen did at GPF, what a difference. Wonder he'll pull this off again at Worlds, normally I'd still give Yuzuru the upper hand but his precious ankle needs time to heal so (shrug) Poor Uno Shoma, he is forever going to be the silver medalist isn't he.

I really should sleep, I can't go to work with zero hours of sleep. As GGFan said Jason is still going to Worlds, so positive thoughts. Thank you all for keeping me company :)