2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Japanese Ladies' Figure Skating

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It's based on Nationals' results. So, according to the rules, she should.
Yes, it's based on: National results, WC results, and world ranking at the moment. According to the current world ranking Satoko is right behind Kaori (at 7th).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*The list will be further updated following the announcements of international competitions later on in the upcoming new season.
With Marin Honda withdrawing from Nationals, do you think there is a possibility she will be added to the list?

Joekaz

On the Ice
Yes, it's based on: National results, WC results, and world ranking at the moment. According to the current world ranking Satoko is right behind Kaori (at 7th).
So, is there a specific ranking cutoff point for special, or is it arbitrarily decided by JSF? I assume podium at Nats automatically make it?

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
With Marin Honda withdrawing from Nationals, do you think there is a possibility she will be added to the list?
I'm guessing it depends on her early season performance, and if she'll get invited to the GPs. If she gets invitation to the GP, she'll be added to the list later on.
BTW, without competition at Nationals, it means Marin has to go through the domestic competitions (regional-sectional) to take part in the final selection of Olympians (Nationals by the end of the year).
(Marin's world ranking is at 31st for now, it's after Yuhana and before Mako, which is not too bad...)
So, is there a specific ranking cutoff point for special, or is it arbitrarily decided by JSF? I assume podium at Nats automatically make it?
Podiums at Nationals make it to the list. I'm not aware if there's any specific cutoff point or regulation about making it to the list (perhaps there's one?) Note that the list includes both Sr. and Jr. competitors.