2022 Nebelhorn Trophy Gala | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2022 Nebelhorn Trophy Gala

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If we had a hot shot younger Skater that wasn’t getting assignments, I would be all for giving them a chance. But our hotshot Juniors are on the Junior GP. Isabeau and Lindsay have 2 GPS and a Challenger, as does Audrey Shin And Starr. Sonja is about the only other one I think is deserving of a Challenger, and possibly Ting but she’s also a pretty up and down skater (she did not do well at Midatlantics). The only thing about Sonja is she’s pretty maxed out content wise with what she does And she’s not super young (I do like Sonja and her creativity). Honestly, I think USFS should just send Gracie and Sonja to Austria, which is the same week as Sectionals, giving them both byes. If you aren’t going to have anyone thats a huge headliner winning everything and I don’t think Isabeau or Lindsay are going t be beating the Japanese, Loena, some of the Koreans, etc,might as well pick someone who sells tickets, and that’s Gracie…
They suddenly sent Jimmy Ma on a 3rd assignment last year even though he was entered in Sectionals. And he sure had earned it with his skating. But he would have had no problem qualifying…it’s so unfair how much easier it is for the men.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
They suddenly sent Jimmy Ma on a 3rd assignment last year even though he was entered in Sectionals. And he sure had earned it with his skating. But he would have had no problem qualifying…it’s so unfair how much easier it is for the men.
Somehow it is unfair, but there are more women competing at FS and ISU seems to want to decrease the amount of participants of them at worlds by raising the minimums.

I was too tired to watch the whole gala yesterday and went to sleep after Liam. I also do not watch galas very often, but based on you messages this one has been good so because just now I have an hour nothing to do, I watch highlights if available.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Somehow it is unfair, but there are more women competing at FS and ISU seems to want to decrease the amount of participants of them at worlds by raising the minimums.

I was too tired to watch the whole gala yesterday and went to sleep after Liam. I also do not watch galas very often, but based on you messages this one has been good so because just now I have an hour nothing to do, I watch highlights if available.
This has been true for years. It was the same way with Dance. I'd show up for an audition and there would be 20 Men and 75 Women. It's more balanced as men dancing has basically become cool. I think Men skating goes in waves. I think there will be a surge of young men after Nathan's OGM Victory. I remember the rink after the Battle Of The Brian's. It was packed with boys and young men.