2024-25 Japanese Men's Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Japanese Men's Figure Skating

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I love watching Kazuki. He's matured and improved his presentation massively in the past few years, and JSF could have given him a bit more love. However, what lets him down is his hit rate with quads. He and Sota are both unreliable in this department, and whoever proves more stable this coming season will end up on the team, or possibly Shun.

KiraraChin

Medalist
I love watching Kazuki. He's matured and improved his presentation massively in the past few years, and JSF could have given him a bit more love. However, what lets him down is his hit rate with quads.
I mean, theoretically... in a fair judging system... his PCS would be closer to Yuma's rather than Shun/Kao, and he would also be getting better GOE on the jumps he does land (case in point: his 3A in the short programme last season, backloaded with transitions in and out, got zero love from the judges). If that was the case, even with mistakes on quads, some of his placements last season would have been different... But alas 😢

He said he is aware that he needs to focus on the jumps and he's been working on his basics so the accuracy with his jumps has been improving in training, so we shall see.