Top 5 worst music choices from Skate America | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Top 5 worst music choices from Skate America

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am a huge Bryan Adams & Michal Brezina fan, but I think Michal should have just had two Bryan Adams songs in his medley (especially "Summer of '69" & "Run to You").

No voiceovers of ANY kind, please!

Sasha Trusova's free skate music & her exhibition music!

Last edited:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ha ha I can't actually remember both their names, lemme just jog my memory.

Laurence Fournier Beaudry and Nikolaj Sorenson (I could only remember his name at first 😅) - they did skate for Denmark but now they represent Canada so they're nicknamed the Dandians.

Anywho, great RD music, terrible FD music!
They are also known as the Cana-Danes.

beachmouse

On the Ice
:LOL: It's only a song! I find it highly amusing that you can be offended by it.

I think it's a fun song but it's definitely one that will cause my husband to change stations the second it comes on the radio. And given the sport's desire for a very specific body composition at the elite level, it just seems rather awkward in her program. Swap FBG out for something equally peppy like 'Bicycle Race' instead and you lose the awkward.

SaDa

On the Ice
where is Nathan going with a funeral mass? Enlighten me because i certainly do not get it.
It's probably just as simple as Nathan wanting to bury all his competitors.

Like, maybe the nice soft bit of the Piano Concerto 23 is Nathan prancing around pretending to be that nice, classy guy who only wants peace for everyone. Then comes the dreadful, dark part where he just mass-murders everyone with his skating and buries them all. Finally, you get the trap remix music section where he's poking fun at everyone while dancing on top of their graves? Sounds good to me! 😉

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's probably just as simple as Nathan wanting to bury all his competitors.

Like, maybe the nice soft bit of the Piano Concerto 23 is Nathan prancing around pretending to be that nice, classy guy who only wants peace for everyone. Then comes the dreadful, dark part where he just mass-murders everyone with his skating and buries them all. Finally, you get the trap remix music section where he's poking fun at everyone while dancing on top of their graves? Sounds good to me! 😉
seen like this, i now get it :) thanks for enlightening me.

Last edited:

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Vincent and Nathan: You've got Lacrimosa which is playing during the scene where Archbishop Rushman is being murdered with a butcher knife by an altar boy in the movie Primal Fear, then you have a song about Vincent van Gogh who at a low point in his life cut off his own ear with a knife. Gentlemen, the world is your oyster - do better.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent and Nathan: You've got Lacrimosa which is playing during the scene where Archbishop Rushman is being murdered with a butcher knife by an altar boy in the movie Primal Fear, then you have a song about Vincent van Gogh who at a low point in his life cut off his own ear with a knife. Gentlemen, the world is your oyster - do better.

I don’t think that is what Lacrimosa is most well known for ;) but many of us have mentioned that a funeral mass from Mozart may not be the most uplifting choice.

Personally, I just don’t like Don McLean and I don’t like Vincent, the tune. I didn’t like it in 1970 and I don’t like it now. I think most people when they look at a Van Gogh, however, are able to separate appreciation of the art from the mental issues of the artist.