What is with the airlines????? | Golden Skate

What is with the airlines?????

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Should I really have taken the 4 day train? Would I be more likely to get there?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Should I really have taken the 4 day train? Would I be more likely to get there?
Sadly, the trains haven't been much better. Driving (yes I know it's 32 hours or something) probably would have been more reliable.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Once upon a time the airlines were regulated, like trains and buses. And when the ATC folk went on strike, the President fired them all. And then congress deregulated the airlines. And they became private corps that could do anything they wanted....like eat other airlines and become monopolies. And buy back their own stock instead of buying 21st century software. Then one day in 2021, SWA stranded lots of people but the people didnt care after one news cycle. Then in 2022, SWA stranded over a million people and all the US govt cares about is getting those people re-embursed for their expenses of a ruined vacation. No one cares about making an airline system that actually works No one cares about a company(s) which have basically monopolies of public transportation.
I saw on FB that the Japan airlines once again lead the way in customer satisfaction.......imagine that