2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Why would you pick a whimsical music to a small skater who doesn't emote well, it does them no favours. It is not like she is a Kostner, whose physical contrast can work better.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Why everyone is so harsh on Anna? Just because she's Russian? Julianne or Veronik dresses are a mile worse.
Anna's a gorgeous lady, she's 16, and she's a pleasure to watch. Give her time to grow, and appreciate what she's now. And where she's now at the age of 16 is amazing.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Why everyone is so harsh on Anna? Just because she's Russian? Julianne or Veronik dresses are a mile worse.
Anna's a gorgeous lady, she's 16, and she's a pleasure to watch. Give her time to grow, and appreciate what she's now. And where she's now at the age of 16 is amazing.

:yes: And I hope she keeps her own style and doesn't turn into another clone from the pretty princess factory.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - POSITION AFTER 11 OF 12

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 65.28 Short Program
2. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 62.54 Short Program
3. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 60.22 Short Program
4. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 59.10 Short Program
5. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 57.45 Short Program
6. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 57.06 Short Program
7. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 56.36 Short Program
8. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 52.74 Short Program
9. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 52.18 Short Program
10. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 51.55 Short Program
11. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 44.66 Short Program

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Hmmm.... not sure what to make of Ashley's program... I'm glad she went for the 3-3, but it looked UR and two-footed. I didn't find the choreography original or engaging. On a superficial note, I also am not a fan of her hair colour - It doesn't match her skin tone at all.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
It's okay that Anna like others isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Hey I like Anna, one of my fav young Russians for sure. Their problem is some how they just don't have very good taste in packaging, but the skating is great.

Oreo

On the Ice
Actually, I enjoyed Alena's program the most since it was different. Ashley's music is great for her. Anna just bugs me.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Commercial on the Canadian stream with a shirt that said 'I love soccer, eh' :biggrin:

aftertherain

Record Breaker

The difference is that everyone knows Julianne and Veronik are worse, so they don't even bother.

The "just because she's Russian/Korean/etc" argument is getting really tiring.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ashley's program is so empty it echoes...

(and I say that with love because I really do like her personally, but...)

ETA: she's competing against "sonograms"

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

How can you not love her?