2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program11/14

s_parks

Record Breaker
Hm... honestly i doubt chartrand and hongo will skate strong enough to beat pogo overall, but good for them for putting out good skates here.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well now we know how they treat Russia's 4th/5th at home events! LOL.....
Got to get the pecking order right.
It seems Russian fed is desperately trying to say Adelina is still their No.1 despite not doing GP.

Sackie

Medalist
Little worried about Alaine being in 1st after the short! Now she will be skating last in the free and I fear that will throw her off big time and she will drop out of the medals. If she had been 3rd after the short that might have been better for her. Alaine does better in the free when she is fighting her way back.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ro-see-ya! Ro-see-ya!

Where's the chanting? Yes, there's cheering and clapping, but no chanting!

Yes, they probably realised that Anna's performance is not enough to take the lead. But, there was no chanting beforehand either.

Is it the Moscow audience as opposed to the Sochi audience? (And if so, why? Sure Anna's from Moscow!)

Or are the Russian fans just not behind Anna Pogorilaya as much as they are behind Adelina and Julia?

CaroLiza_fan

GF2445

Record Breaker
5 points separate 1st from 5th- this is definetely not over yet. This is good drama.
I though at first the scoring was too high but i was pleasantly surprised how consistant and fair the judging was.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't think Rika Hongo was better than Anna.
Hongo landed a 3-3. While Anna had a turn-out between her combination, and her lutz wasn't very good.

Good judging so far, imo. I don't entirely agree with everything (maybe a bit more for Mirai?), but it's reasonable. And the marks are really close, so we'll have a fight in the free.

Well now we know how they treat Russia's 4th/5th at home events! LOL.....
Got to get the pecking order right.
:rolleye: If they put her in first, you'd complain about overscoring. But since they didn't, you now say it's a pecking order conspiracy?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Judges telling Adelina in the audience, you are still our No.1! You'd have win if you skated.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good to see Chartrand rewarded. I thought she was under rewarded at Skate Canada. Her FS there was really enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing how she does tomorrow:popcorn:

jcmerman

Rinkside
Just watched the ladies short program. What are the judges doing??? ***? Anna gave one of the worst performances and they still put her in 3rd? Talk about Russian favoritism. Also, Whatever the Canadian girls name is, she should not be in first. If the dinged Mirai with UR then they should most definatley should have called UR on the Canadian girls 3-3! that was so UR!!! I hate these judges and all of the favoritism going on. Makes no sense!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Just watched the ladies short program. What are the judges doing??? ***? Anna gave one of the worst performances and they still put her in 3rd? Talk about Russian favoritism. Also, Whatever the Canadian girls name is, she should not be in first. If the dinged Mirai with UR then they should most definatley should have called UR on the Canadian girls 3-3! that was so UR!!! I hate these judges and all of the favoritism going on. Makes no sense!
This is so rude on many levels.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Lol I knew it!!!!! I had a feeling that So Youn might be feeling the pressure now! :eek:hwell: Hope she has a comeback of some sort though. Not gonna jinx her out on the LP this time. Do your best!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
:rolleye: If they put her in first, you'd complain about overscoring. But since they didn't, you now say it's a pecking order conspiracy?

Huh? I said good judging... pecking order is hardly a conspiracy, consider how #2 #3 skaters are typically judged at home events vs federation perceived #1. No different than in Japan or US?