2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28

elee63

Final Flight
Who was the awful woman commentating on British Eurosport?! She was terrible! I kept yelling "shut up!" at my phone!

(In case you couldn't tell, I found a video of Josh's skate.)

You were yelling that too huh? :D That's where I started, and it kept escalating, until I felt the need to just ignore her for my own wellbeing :p

Last edited:

elee63

Final Flight
Well, from all the things I've heard from JSF, I wouldn't be surprised that even Yuzuru's health were worse they still want him to compete. :drama:

But it's not like they don't have the guys to do it for him. Sad really. Someone needs to put their foot down.

elee63

Final Flight
i gave the 3A as exapmle because thats the usual quality we get from him when he is healthy, yes he did mistakes on the jupms and suffered consequences, but other elements are still good , and at his best is 101.45 so obviously better than jeremy :)

101.45 wasn't at this competition.

Meoima

Match Penalty
But it's not like they don't have the guys to do it for him. Sad really. Someone needs to put their foot down.
That's JSF for you. I doubt that they even care for the kid's battered body at all. My friend in Japan said JSF encouraged Yuzuru to skate at NHK. Of course it's rumors, but still...

elee63

Final Flight
You are comparing a healthy skater vs unhealthy skater :laugh2:

No one is denying that Hanyu is the best right now. But you said it. He isn't healthy, and as a result, he's missing jumps. That doesn't make him less of a skater, just a HUMAN who needs to heal before jumping back into competition mode. It's possible for the best skater at a competition NOT TO WIN. It happens. Again - Michelle

krispy

Rinkside
:hopelessness:
You are comparing a healthy skater vs unhealthy skater :laugh2:

So wait should we factor in healthy skater and an unhealthy skaters to scores too? I thought skaters were scored for their performance today and not at the Olympics?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
You were yelling that too huh? :D That's where I started, and it kept escalating, until I felt the need to just ignore her for my wellbeing :p
Suggest everybody makes their views on Joanne Conway's commentary known to British Eurosport:

Viewer feedback/enquiries
Email: [email protected] / Phone: 0845 672 1010

Follow us on Twitter
@EurosportUKTV

...otherwise nothing will change, and she'll be back to annoy us all again.

I intend to suggest they use Mark Hanretty again instead.

TuTU9678

On the Ice
It doesn't matter how good he is, what matters is how he's doing at the competition. You know, or, Kwan might have an Olympic gold. But she doesn't. Everyone knows what a prodigy your dear Hanyu is, but the fact of the matter is, this wasn't his greatest showing.

I'm missing your logic here... Shayuki was saying that at Hanyu's best (101.45), he is 2 levels above Jeremy, who doesn't have the difficulty to even compare. At today's competition, it's clearly not Hanyu's best (as reflected in a score of 78.01, more than 23 points below his best), and he placed 5th where as Jeremy place 2nd. What are you unhappy/"snort"ing about??

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It doesn't matter how good he is, what matters is how he's doing at the competition. You know, or, Kwan might have an Olympic gold. But she doesn't. Everyone knows what a prodigy your dear Hanyu is, but the fact of the matter is, this wasn't his greatest showing.

i am well aware it wasnt at this competition , and noone is saying he did better than jeremy at this competition, results for this competition is obvious from the results
it just didnt seem fair to compare injured yuzuru to healthy skaters, thats all, sorry if i offended anyone :)

elee63

Final Flight
i am well aware it wasnt at this competition , and noone is saying he did better than jeremy at this competition, results for this competition is obvious from the results
it just didnt seem fair to compare injured yuzuru to healthy skaters, thats all, sorry if i offended anyone :)

Don't be sorry, a simple misunderstanding :) I second all that you said here.

krispy

Rinkside
I'm missing your logic here... Shayuki was saying that at Hanyu's best (101.45), he is 2 levels above Jeremy, who doesn't have the difficulty to even compare. At today's competition, it's clearly not Hanyu's best (as reflected in a score of 78.01, more than 23 points below his best), and he placed 5th where as Jeremy place 2nd. What are you unhappy/"snort"ing about??

uhhmmm... heres the logic whatever Hanyu did in the past should not matter!!! We are comparing the performance at this event Hanyu vs other skaters. Hanyu landed botched 2 jumps vs Jeremy who had a clean skate. Hanyu had no quad since he got downgraded, no 3/3 but still is only 3+ points behind a skater who landed all his jumps. Honestly speaking if he's name is Hanyu do you think he would get that mark?

elee63

Final Flight
uhhmmm... heres the logic whatever Hanyu did in the past should not matter!!! We are comparing the performance at this event Hanyu vs other skaters. Hanyu landed botched 2 jumps vs Jeremy who had a clean skate. Hanyu had no quad since he got downgraded, no 3/3 but still is only 3+ points behind a skater who landed all his jumps. Honestly speaking if he's name is Hanyu do you think he would get that mark?

Did you see those transitions? Nuff said.

TuTU9678

On the Ice
Oh, to the comment "Jeremy's seriously good at all" I mean, come on. I quoted it when I *snorted :)

Agreed. Jeremy is an amazing skater, he's one of my favorites too, just love his expressions on ice. If only he could add a quad in his short and maybe one more (in addition to the one he already has planned) in the long. No quad in the short program really just kills the score, we all know he's capable of doing better.