2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13 | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GPF Pairs Free Skate 12/13

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
D/R won a silver medal at the Olympics.

Team event. Good for them. And they added 4STh at 29 with a lot of expirience in the bag. God know how long they were practicing it.
S/K will add it, don't worry. If not this season, then maybe next.

Excidra2001

On the Ice
I am so happy for D/R. Both of them have experienced what it feels like to be written off and always attempting to prove their worth. And now it seems to be coming together for them. Well deserved win here. And now they prepare for the big one, w
World Championships. They will be the team everyone else is gunning for. What an exciting position for them to be in.

Congrats!!!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Seriously, it's really annoying coming from a few Russian fans. Pair-skating is dead unless won by Russians? D/R just threw down the most difficult program ever and people are freaking out? How about Lip getting the highest SS score for the ladies. Russians have been overstored for years. Let someone else catch up on the PCS spoil as well.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I completely lost the pairs. :disapp: I thought it was tonight. How did S&K skated?

Very good. Only Ksenia made a small mistake in combo: they did 3T-1T-2T again:biggrin:
D/R were almost perfect too.

Dots

Final Flight
S/K are technically proficient, but god are their programs cold and lack any excitement. They have an uphill battle next year. The Chinese teams are so young and so good that you know it's only a matter of time before they pass S/K.

Alba

Record Breaker
Very good. Only Ksenia made a small mistake in combo: they did 3T-1T-2T again:biggrin:
D/R were almost perfect too.

Don't tell me they made that perfect mistake in sync again. :laugh2:

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
S/K are technically proficient, but god are their programs cold and lack any excitement. They have an uphill battle next year. The Chinese teams are so young and so good that you know it's only a matter of time before they pass S/K.

Not if their Fed continue to push their undeserved PCS to be 8-9 points higher than all the chinese pairs. That's a quad throw off the bat.

Alba

Record Breaker
S/K are technically proficient, but god are their programs cold and lack any excitement.

Be careful there. It cannot be said for the canadians the same thing. So I suppose the same thing applies to other pairs as well, no? I thought not. :sarcasm:

apple123

On the Ice

Actually S/H consistently beat S/K in the junior. Only before Sochi S/K started to pull ahead and hold up there ever since.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Actually S/H consistently beat S/K in the junior. Only before Sochi S/K started to pull ahead and hold up there ever since.

Actually after switch to seniors, Wenjing had a very serious injury what gave them more than the season off. It was enough time for S/K to start shining as they improved consistency in Mozer's group. It is really a first season for S/H to be in a great shape with intricate choreography. Let's wait some time, you never know what will happen in 4 years :p

I must look for the video now. When was the competition? Damn Eurosport.

Yeah, Polish Eurosport is also willing to broadcast figure skating in the middle of the night or when everybody's at work :p at least GPF.

Snow63

Record Breaker
:laugh: Now, I'm thinking why didn't they skate to the russian version in Moscow. :biggrin:
Did you like it in spanish? Never heard that one.

I did not like it tbh. Not male vocal, and definitely not female. But emotion was there. Emotionally it was their best skate, I think.

I still prefer their interpritation of English version more. Then French, and then Spanish :) Just my opinion.