2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

chezzu

On the Ice
Huge score for Medvedeva!! This event was so great, hardly any falls!!! Hoping for the same in the FS.... Please...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well.. now it feels like they low balled Julia. Seems Julia is out now for good :(

Remember, you lose 30% BV for a wrong edge jump. That 3Lz was CLEARLY e. Wouldn't be surprised if the 3T was <, all of the landings were messy, the 2A was yikes...she has only herself to blame.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Medvedeva's performance was lovely indeed.

Her jumps were small, but I like her performance.

Last edited:

jagragold

On the Ice
Evgenia is awesome. I'd place this above Anna considering Anna's slight bobble and weaker spins.

Pssht, don't say that. The Russians actually suck and fall all over the place and have tacky programs. They just win because politics.
lol

yuna

On the Ice
I would love to see Evgenia make the podium. too bad she's not a senior, she would've definitely made the euros and worlds team. But happy about today's overall short program, hardly any falls so thats great! :thumbsup:

LisaM

Medalist
So I guess either one of Sotnikova/Leonova/Pogorilaya are gonna be getting the third Euros spot?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I'm disappointed, didn't see any disaster skates from the big names. But still happy to see such great skating by all the top ladies. Too bad about Julia lagging behind the others, though.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Pssht, don't say that. The Russians actually suck and fall all over the place and have tacky programs. They just win because politics.

Whatever will we do against those evil Russians! :drama:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Righto, nap time before Artur. See you all at 3am!

NaVi

Medalist
People will talk about "national inflation", but Liza, Lena, and Pogo put on their best performances of the year... Medvedeva probably tied her JPGF performance(and held down because it's jr) and Leonova was right in line of her best performance.... and Yulia's scores are rightfully in line with TEB and the GPF...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Is this just the second event ever (after Sochi) with 4 girls with 70+ in the SP? :think: (you can talk about national inflation of course, but it is still impressive)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Ooooh, a white Christmas ball with TWO flashing lights, red and blue!

alebi

Medalist
just some observations.... first 10 girls scored 60+ points... first 12 girls scored 30+ TES points... and I don't want to calculate their average age... well.... Welcome on Mars :biggrin:

Elaine

On the Ice
Is this just the second event ever (after Sochi) with 4 girls with 70+ in the SP? :think: (you can talk about national inflation of course, but it is still impressive)

WC This year.
Mao, Carolina, Julia, Akiko?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm surprised the judges placed Evgenia so close to Liza and Elena. This, combined with Yulia's marks, makes me suspect it's the Russian Fed's message of, "We are ready to dump anyone if they don't skate well. Bring it in the free!!!"

While it's not... incorrect... it does seem quite cruel.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Is this just the second event ever (after Sochi) with 4 girls with 70+ in the SP? (you can talk about national inflation of course, but it is still impressive)

In Sochi 3 (Yuna, Adelina and Carolina). girls had 70+. In Saitama 5 girls earned such a score (Mao, Carolina, Julia, Akiko and Gracie).