2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Those are some nice medals right there...make the World medals look totally lame.

:laugh: Looks like Sergei ran out of hair gel, the do isn't quite as impressive today!

randomfan

Record Breaker
I honestly think Mao has a better 3A than Liza. Both of them do the jump well, but there's something about Mao's 3A that I can't really describe. Which makes me ask this question: Why did one judge give Liza a +3 on the 3A when Mao never got a +3 ever in her whole life?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
There's no need to cut to Yuzuru every five seconds... he's not doing anything remotely interesting.

alebi

Medalist
I honestly think Mao has a better 3A than Liza. Both of them do the jump well, but there's something about Mao's 3A that I can't really describe. Which makes me ask this question: Why did one judge give Liza a +3 on the 3A when Mao never got a +3 ever in her whole life?

really? :eek: I always felt Mao's 3A lacking in something... nearer to UR than a perfect jump while Liza's are bigger and easier

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I thought Ashley's 3z/3t looked clean, and her three jump combo did as well. Also, I thought her lutz at the end deserved an underrotation, but not a full edge call....just an "!". This tech panel really examined her with a microscope!

andromache

Record Breaker
Why did Satoko receive less PCS than Gracie, Lena, and Liza? I'm not a fan of Satoko's small jumps, but I find the PCS aspects of her skating to be generally better than Lena and Liza when all are clean (as they were today) and better than Gracie when Gracie isn't perfect (which she obviously wasn't). Is it a transitions thing? (Which I pay the least attention to when watching a performance for the first time.)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Why is Yuzuru the only person getting close-up shots? They hardly even show the rest of Team Japan.... :slink:

flying camel

Medalist
I knew Gracie could not overcome skating last. Its a hard position to skate from.

What was going on with the poor girl who could not hold up the flowers at the medal ceremony.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
not happy with bronze, when is the last time he got bronze?!!

He's smiling now! :) Some people don't smile a lot I guess. My older brother for example hates his smile so he rarely if ever does! (Which is kind of sad..)

Awww team photo!

randomfan

Record Breaker
really? :eek: I always felt Mao's 3A lacking in something... nearer to UR than a perfect jump while Liza's are bigger and easier

That's true. She does get many URs on the jump. But when she lands it cleanly (like 2014 Worlds) it seems to have a bigger wow factor to me than Liza's 3A.

samson

Medalist
Yeah I thought in comparison to some of the other ladies in that final group Ashley really got the short end of the stick with calls. Still it was great to see four skates in a row where, even if they weren't perfect, they really delivered. Too bad we ended with a bit of a fizzle.

Aaaaah and Ashley blew one last kiss to the camera!! Love her.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Awww Yuzu thanked the ice...I think.

Also, major props to the fan with the flag of all the competing nations, that was a nice move!

alebi

Medalist
well... for Japan only single skaters matter... :disapp: with this attitude Japan will never be a serious contender for a medal at the Olympics