Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 192 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia95

Medalist
May be we could remember that BOrser wanted Yuzu to remove 4S and said Yuzu didn't listen to him when they discussed about programs layout .

ayarose

On the Ice
We need this ultimate relaxing experience :p

1. Run a warm yuzu bath
2. Light lots of yuzu candles
3. Turn on soothing Chopin music
4. Gently exfoliate with yuzu scrub
5. Relax in the bath with a glass of yuzu cocktail
6. Slather yuzu lotion after the bath
7. Slip into comfy pooh jammies , get into bed and watch Yuzu's performance :biggrin:

I could do with one of these but i already had yuzu infused ramen during lunch and yuzu flavored tea for dinner so I'll pass for now.

About 2 seasons ago my motto in supporting Yuzuru has been "Kung saan ka masaya (Whatever makes you happy)". I found that it lessened my tendency to develop wrinkles and grey hair as well as made watching him do this crazy layouts easier. However, that doesn't stop the moments of me wishing of him dropping the nth number of transitions. I think I'll probably break my 3 year old Seimei charm this season.

daisy616

Rinkside
Thank you for all the interesting discussion.

Has this already been posted?
http://www.marunouchi.com/event/detail/2442

「羽生くんのスケートリンク」(Ice Skate Rink collaborated with Yuzu) will appear at Maru-Building near Tokyo Station.
There will also be a short lightning show tracing Yuzu's skating of PW.(Sorry, I can't explain well.)

What a nice Christmas present from Yuzu!
I can't skate at all, but I really want to visit there!!

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty
From now on, i will go to church every week and pray for him doing good (and i am not that religious). If he stays healthy, he can do great. And i believe Seimei will be as successful as R&J 1 was. :yes:

ethereal

Rinkside
Just a general comment about the criticism of Hanyu's difficult entries and "excessive" quads in here.

Personally, I believe he's setting very realistic goals for himself now in an effort to quickly grow to his fullest potential before the Olympics. Hanyu is such a capable skater and by practicing these entries and this program format and drilling it into his head well before the Olympic season, he's setting himself up to slingshot to the top of the top. I appreciate his efforts and I wholeheartedly believe we'll see at least one clean sp and fs from him this season. I respect his focus on self-improvement rather than just staying where he was at his prime, nestled at the top with little error. He's thinking about the future and that's something I personally think Patrick Chan needs to do too. Judging from Japan open alone, it seems like Chan isn't making the same moves forward and is still struggling with the same things he was the season before last. That makes me respect Hanyu's choices more. You can tell he's personally really putting a lot of thought into his training and into what he knows he needs to do, and what he knows he can do, to stay a top contender for Olympic gold. Because we all know it literally only takes a couple of well bred juniors to come into the senior field and grow at a fast rate to knock the other top guys down a peg or two. I mean, Shoma Uno is already on a mission to knock all the men down several pegs during his first year in senior competition, and he just might succeed.

I hope i'm making sense here. :) And, i mean, I respect everyone's opinions on the matter, but I feel like some of the comments I'm seeing aren't looking at the full picture here.

gsyzf

Medalist
I always think he sets realistic goals and expectations for himself. He is not a crazy and irrational person. He makes decisions with a long term vision. He is very aware of his own abilities. I wonder if some fans really underestimated his abilities.

shyne

Final Flight
Thank you for all the interesting discussion.

Has this already been posted?
http://www.marunouchi.com/event/detail/2442

「羽生くんのスケートリンク」(Ice Skate Rink collaborated with Yuzu) will appear at Maru-Building near Tokyo Station.
There will also be a short lightning show tracing Yuzu's skating of PW.(Sorry, I can't explain well.)

What a nice Christmas present from Yuzu!
I can't skate at all, but I really want to visit there!!

That sounds really cool.

shyne

Final Flight
I always think he sets realistic goals and expectations for himself. He is not a crazy and irrational person. He makes decisions with a long term vision. He is very aware of his own abilities. I wonder if some fans really underestimated his abilities.
His goals are realistic if he stays healthy.

giulia95

Medalist

:agree:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker

Perhaps we only worry too much about him, want him to do well and have results he's satisfied with (which really is nothing but 1st place, nothing less is enough for Yuzuru))

gsyzf

Medalist
Perhaps we only worry too much about him, want him to do well and have results he's satisfied with (which really is nothing but 1st place, nothing less is enough for Yuzuru))

He would be more dissatisfied with winning with a lesser layout. I think he would rather lose with a harder layout than win with an easier layout. I do believe he can handle the harder layout.

Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
Please take my words, those commentators they sometimes say words you should never take serious, for example this is from Kurt Browning, he said something like Yuna Kim's 3Lz3T was more difficult than Mao's 3A2T because "it has more 0.5 revolution". That's Kurt Browning, 4 time WC for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was Scott Hamilton? He never even competed a 3A and his hardest jump was a 3Lz-3T so of course he would say that! I'm sure he wasn't biased at all :laugh:.

Something come to my mind today about this. Maybe to Yuzu, 3Lz3T is more difficult than 3A2T or even 3A3T :laugh:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
He would be more dissatisfied with winning with a lesser layout. I think he would rather lose with a harder layout than win with an easier layout. I do believe he can handle the harder layout.

I trust that he will, Yuzuru is a natural talent that doesn't come across too often. In addition to that, his dedication and hard work pay off :yes:

dasani

On the Ice

:yes:

Playing safe by staying within his comfort zone is never really a strategy preferred by Yuzu. Remember the 4S that Brian wanted him to take out from his Olympic FS? "and he wouldn't hear any of it..." says Brian (quoting based on my memory here :p)

He did a detailed interview with the Ice Jewels magazine that was published recently, I highly recommend getting this magazine if you understand Japanese. Hopefully we will have some nice fans to translate that interview into English for us too! If I come across a shareable scan I'll post it here as well (I will recieve my copy by end of Nov :cry: so if it is still not available by then I'll scan mine)

Some topics he touched upon in the interview:
- overcoming his fear (from the the CoC incident) during the FS 6-min warm-up at NHK
- the impact of training on his own mostly in Japan last season
- learning to adjust his condition under different circumstances
- creation process of SEIMEI
- challenges he set for himself to become a better competitor << which addresses a lot of concerns we have here in the thread

I know as fans we always tend to worry a million things. After reading his interview though, I really felt I should have a little more faith in this boy. After all, he has accomplished so much already, so why not let him take on all these challenges that motivates him to push forward. As for us, let's just enjoy the journey with Yuzu!

FTnoona

Final Flight
As alia said, we are fans on this forum discussing. I think it's inevitable that the topics would sometimes lead to criticisms instead of the usual praise. I personally think he is being extremely ambitious but I also know that my opinion is worth nothing. It's not like any back and forth discussions that fans have will change Hanyu + Co's plans. It also doesn't mean that I am trying to push Hanyu into a mold based on my own values.... At the end of the day, it's Hanyu that is going onto the ice and performing and as long as he is comfortable that's all that matters :]

won0066

On the Ice
Please look at this from the viewpoint of a world class athlete. Doing the same thing year after year is boring and uninspiring. The desire to continually improve is strong for Yuzu, and in fact, if he kept to the same old same old, many skaters would eventually surpass him. Its the evolution of both skater and sport.

Lets trust Yuzu. 😊

skatefan22

Medalist
Well, I feel this season a perfect time and also the last chance for a skater to try out something crazy and explore his limit. Because next season is the pre-olympic one which is quite important for building an image of being a consistent skater and the season after the next is the olympic season which almost all skaters play it safe. So I am supportive of Yuzu doing some crazy layout and challenging himself more this season.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
This is completely off topic :hijacked: but does anyone here want a OnePlus invite for free? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.