2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You might have a case if she came in 4th, but she was 7th here. 7th.

I'd like to see her in a Russian Cup event or something but she's only been with Alexei for three weeks. She is showing promise and instead of looking defeated today she looked peeved. That's a much better sign IMO. She needs more time though. The move to Sochi works on so many levels and will help her as much as it does her new team thru exposure and funding I think. She's found a home and is of way more importance. I think she deserves the attention that she can now get.

Are there any senior internationals left like B events?

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Overall, she is better than Anna, even better than Tukt and Sotnikova. I bet she will never rolling around on the ice like Anna.:slink:

I guess we don't need to bother with competitions any more since you have established she is "better" than the others regardless of the outcome.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I'd like to see her in a Russian Cup event or something but she's only been with Alexei for three weeks.

Russian Cup Final is in February
so still has some time if she wants to compete there. might as well compete in domestic as she wont be going to Euros or Worlds this year

Rissa

Record Breaker
So Anna & Maria should just be passed over even though they skated amazingly? Yulia needs time with her new coach to get back on track. Going to Euros would do her no favors right now & it would be totally unfair to the other girls who work just as hard.

Does Russian fed practice sending their top skaters to Worlds and lower finishers to Euros like Japanese fed does with Men?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Overall, she is better than Anna, even better than Tukt and Sotnikova. I bet she will never rolling around on the ice like Anna.:slink:
I'm not sure what your definition of "better" is, but beating the other in a competition often tends to work. Which Anna did here. We could also take a look at SBs... Which is a win for Anna for both this and the past season.

Then again, that last comment makes it seem like you're just flame baiting so whatever.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Does Russian fed practice sending their top skaters to Worlds and lower finishers to Euros like Japanese fed does with Men?

I believe that Euros is a lot more prestigeous than 4CC. I would like to know what they are going to do with Youth Olympics, though. Both Radionova and Medvedeva would be able to take part... As could Sotskova and Tsurskaya. The only one in top 5 who couldn't is Pogorilaya.

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight

Good job, I am laughing hard :laugh: But maybe you are too cruel to Yulia, it is not good to make fun on the athlete who has hard time.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I will write tomorrow my live report. Just the gist:

Medvedeva is the goddess: it was just amazing - better than CoR
Artemieva is the beauty of FS
Pogorilaya had the skate of her life and the biggest ovation of all
Yulia desperately needs jumps to get to Medvedeva's level to rule the world.
Liza was just a pity. She had a fierce SS at the end but it was too late.

It was an event that will be an important chapter in FS history - outstanding!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Liza was fat. She needed to lose a serious amount of weight.

Calling everybody headcases.

If a skater had a couple of bad skates, their career was over.

Pairs partnerships could never work unless there was a massive height difference.

Not accepting that Monko was not taller than Khaliavin.

That sort of thing.

CaroLiza_fan
Oh, gosh! You brought my memory back to so many discussions :drama: I so wish we could have heard her opinion about Liza's victories last season: were they all caused by the lost weight? (not this season's performances, though :slink: )

Lipea

Final Flight
For real, this was probably the strongest Ladies competition in history.

5 ladies did clean BOTH SP and LP with 7 triples :clapper:. I don't remember it happen at any Olympics or Worlds. Seriously, that's unbelievable. I am jealous that I am not in Russia to witness such a competition. It's truly an achievement to be in top ten here.

jg2000

On the Ice
i think sky fly has been posting in this very thread; the capitalization and word choices are enough to give it away lol.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
For real, this was probably the strongest Ladies competition in history.

5 ladies did clean BOTH SP and LP with 7 triples :clapper:. I don't remember it happen at any Olympics or Worlds. Seriously, that's unbelievable. I am jealous that I am not in Russia to witness such a competition. It's truly an achievement to be in top ten here.

I agree with you.
Now that the European championship is near I'm thinking: where the best European (and not Russian) skater would place in a competition like this?

Lipea

Final Flight
I agree with you.
Now that the European championship is near I'm thinking: where the best European (and not Russian) skater would place in a competition like this?

Behind first five for sure. But after 5 the judging was very much reputation-based, so it is hard to say. If Joshi skated her best she could be between 7-10.