Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 579 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie J

On the Ice
My friend said Yuzuru is still immature, she said you should read the book (the new one) to see why. She said he has repeated his mistake from time to time. She said 3 of his biggest fault is: over-thinking, over-confident and over-train

I agree that Yuzuru over-trained himself too much in the last practice. He jumped too many quads in a row. And I am sure he beat himself up a lot too. And yes his pride is a double sword. I think sometimes yes he is over-confident because of his achievements. But I don't think he is arrogant. He practiced so much and yet the result...

I am sorry, I am angry and sad and devastated at the same time. I think I also need time to fix my mind too.

I just woke up, sorry that I go back to what Meoima said repeating her friend: Hanyu "immature": Over thinking- and overtraining. But this "not grown -up thinking" is driving him, he himself said he wants to keep it to learn and push the limits. This demon is the base for his performances out of this world but it can be dangerous when taking over too much.

Before SP there was a trainingssession with two falls at 4 S and Hanyu after speaking with Orser did only strokes afterwards - that brought him down- that "not jumping". Before FS he jumped like hell - I wonder if Orser let him or if he didnt say anything or he couldnt "reach" Hanyu driven by this demon.
Its this demon and the stress situation: Stress creates Tension, jumps perfectly laid down in subconsciuousness = "ES" are blocked by this - as shiroKi said Hanyu was "off".

Something personal: I am really very old (Orsers age) to learn figure skating, I love jumping, but I feel this demon working and driving me, its like a fire you have to control, I dont want to be a "reasonable person ", thats boring.

Hanyu is not to blame at all. We love Hanyu and we all feel with him. It makes him what he is ..best skater ever. He just has to control this fire inside him a bit more....a bit.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
It comforts me that through the rough times for Yuzu and his fans, we can support each other and look on the bright side.
Rough times?
A silver medal! -Yuzu, Congratulations. 3 years on the podium. Next time it will be gold. You will make it happen. No one else can.

I have no doubt next year he will go to 4cc and bring gold medals from there and Helsinki wc, he is so young and so great. He will find the way how to become even stronger. Now let's wait for the new programs and 4lo is knocking on our doors, everything will be fine. Stastistics and medal count mean less when you are a genious and so many people aknowledge your amazing talent. I cried a lot whole day but I am sure, he will find a way how to overcome his mental before Worlds next year. At least now we are sure he is human, most adorable and amazing human in this world :love: I will always love him like my own child and have faith in him,Go Yuzuru , you will get that gold medal no matter what, I am sure.

Last edited:

Lillian

Match Penalty
These worlds seems not to be that good for the Japanese skaters in general:think:

Yuzuru may be the only one with a medal. At least something:(

Last edited:

Poice

Final Flight
Seimei in Olympic season would be epic, because it's such a great program and Yuzu simply owns it form first to last second. Anyways I can't wait to hear news about his new programs - maybe they'll be even better than Seimei :love:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Maybe he should consider doing in season only, nationals->4cc-> worlds because it seems this is his pattern of peaking, but at GP season ..:slink:

giulia95

Medalist
Maybe he should consider doing in season only, nationals->4cc-> worlds because it seems this is his pattern of peaking, but at GP season ..:slink:

...Or maybe he should consider a full time coach to help him peaking at worlds and battling his demons on daily basis.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Well, I just wanted to add that yesterday I couldn't sleep over my heartbreak but today feels much brighter. It's a shame Yuzu didn't deliver at his last performance but still, he had a really good season, there's lots to be proud of. It's sport, you win you lose. Yesterday I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of the championships but today I'm really looking forward to the ladies. To put matters in perspective, try being an Anna Pogorilaya fan...:laugh:

We have Men's FP in the morning, and still at night now. One night sleep may be good for me!:laugh:

ETA: but this fanart alia posted for a while just makes me cry now... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfAlJ-hVAAADJNh.jpg:cry::cry: his sweat, his effort, his practice.. thinking of all of them.

BTW, does anyone know when is the practice of ex?

Last edited:

Lillian

Match Penalty
Have you ever competed on the same level to say that?

The whole life is a competition. It doesn't matter what you're doing, you're always competing with other people:) You want to be better, you want to "win". You want to have better grades, or a better car, a better job or be better in your job than anyone else. You don't need to be an athlete to have a "competitive spirit"

AnyaFei

On the Ice
I'm still sad and devastated, but there's nothing much sadder and devastating than the return of the spams on the Yuzuru Hanyu tag on tumblr (gosh of all days) :noshake: :sad21: Anyways, I pity the people around me, I have been like a zombie all day hahaha. I think I just need a good night sleep and I hope I'll feel much better tomorrow. It has been a long season but I think this has been one of the best season so far (just think of NHK and GPF :biggrin:) Rest Yuzu and have fun at the gala :)

xibsuarz

Record Breaker

It's best for skaters to compete at the GP circuit because it gives the judges chance to progressively raise the scores as the programs improve to have the best score at Worlds. Perhaps it could be better for him to go to 4 CC: last year WTT was better than Worlds for him. Two years ago Worlds was better than the Olympics. So 4 CC could be his not so good event and do better at Worlds.

I just dont like Fernandez. (And i'm actually a "yuzuvier" shipper lol). He is nothing special and it's not right for me that he has these high scores and success, that belongs to Yuzuru. It's insulting.

But Yuzuru should retire after 2018, i hope he has a great skate at the olympics and then skips the worlds to end his career on a "high note".:(

I get your frustration, but there is no need to bash another skater (I'm not sure it's even allowed in the Fan Fests). Figure skating is about delivering THAT day, so as much as I idolize Yuzuru and consider him a prodigy you only see once in your lifetime, he still has to fight for every win. The titles don't 'belong' to anyone but to the skater that performs that day. Insulting? How is it insulting to lose to someone who delivered a clean FS and got the second highest FS score of all time? It would have definitely been worse to lose against a flawed program.
If you're worried about what 'outsiders' think, don't be. Michelle Kwan never won an OGM and she is still considered one of the greatest of all time. Of course I want Yuzu to win again, but if he doesn't, that won't make people question his ability, his career or anything of the sort. People already consider him a legend for what he's done for the sport.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
The whole life is a competition. It doesn't matter what you're doing, you're always competing with other people:) You want to be better, you want to "win". You want to have better grades, or a better car, a better job or be better in your job than anyone else. You don't need to be an athlete to have a "competitive spirit"
Right. Sorry but I don't see why I should be a polite parent to you on this thread anymore.

Katie J

On the Ice
Well, i guess my competitive spirit is stronger than Yuzuru's:p

Please explain.
You ever felt how already days before a competition Your nerves get on edge more and more ? How you begin to watch yourself, repeat over and over the stuff you want to show - getting more nervous with every minute the competition is approaching ? (I did some world level competitions windsurfing) Sometimes during competition you can feel yourself, you get cold, you are "on". Sometimes you stand beside yourself - "off". Everyone watching sees it if You have your flow or not.

What did Tarasova say after Hanyus FS ? Thanks for translating !!!!

Lillian

Match Penalty
Please explain.
You ever felt how already days before a competition Your nerves get on edge more and more ? How you begin to watch yourself, repeat over and over the stuff you want to show - getting more nervous with every minute the competition is approaching ? (I did some world level competitions windsurfing) Sometimes during competition you can feel yourself, you get cold, you are "on". Sometimes you stand beside yourself - "off". Everyone watching sees it if You have your flow or not.

What did Tarasova say after Hanyus FS ? Thanks for translating !!!!

Jesus Christ this wasn't meant to be taken seriously :con3:
People obviously still don't understand sarcasm:think:
I'm sorry if there is a misunderstanding

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I think It depends on where Yuzu wants to live his daily life.

for sure now we know that not only Javi was probs super nervous and demanded most of BOrser's attention as he was a defending WC.
So just because Brian did not babysit him after that incident Yuzu should switch to a different coach? Seriously. His performance depended on him. Nobody can change your mind, replace your thoughts with their owns. Brian gave him a very good advice. One thing I think they both could have done- Yuzu and Denis- was to meet, apologize, say sorry and shake hands. And their frustration and whatever other feelings they have had could have been washed away and they both could have had better performances.
I'm afraid that the fact that the incident was so much discussed in press and by fans& haters- drew a lot of a very inapropriate energy to both of them and they burned out, both. If anything- I regret this as a fan of figure skating.

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
So just because Brian did not babysit him after that incident Yuzu should switch to a different coach? Seriously. His performance depended on him. Nobody can change your mind, replace your thoughts with their owns. Brian gave him a very good advice. One thing I think they both could have done- Yuzu and Denis- was to meet, apologize, say sorry and shake hands. And their frustration and whatever other feelings they have had could have been washed away and they both could have had better performances.
I'm afraid that the fact that the incident was so much discussed in press and by fans& haters- drew a lot of a very inapropriate energy to both of them and they burned out, both. If anything- I regret this as a fan of figure skating.

I'm not referring to the incident at all.

IMO Yuzu needs a full time coach to help him peaking at the right time and dealing with the enormous amount of pressure he has to face inevitably.

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuzu on winning the Silver medal! He has had an incredible season making history with
his record breaking performances. He has a lot to be proud of, he truly is an amazing athlete! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.