2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Pairs SP

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised if that has a subconscious negative effect on them. What's the motivation or drive to keep them focused? Dominate US nationals, skip the Olympics? It's a shame.

Even if it's a pipe dream for most skaters, the Olympics are still something to strive for. They said that they just want to skate together for the enjoyment, but I suspect you're right.

andromache

Record Breaker
With Scimeca and Knierim! (Hoping they apply for a bye we need them desperately! )Great team!!

I don't think S/K's body of work is strong enough to apply for a bye...but honestly, they might be stronger than any other #2 team we'd send. Oh US pairs.

Looking forward to watching Ashley and Tim later. Based on the IN slowmo snippets, they looked like they were on fire :love:. They look great together.

tulosai

Record Breaker
With Scimeca and Knierim! (Hoping they apply for a bye we need them desperately! )Great team!!

Not really. We have no hope for getting 3 spots for the Olys and it would similarly be unthinkable that we'd lose the two spots so we don't really need anyone for anything. I'd favor sending the top two teams from tomorrow, whoever they are. I just hope one is Cain and LeDuc ;)

LeCygne

Final Flight
I would be really surprised if C/T even stay together through the Olympic season...For me, I've never really *gotten* them as a team. I've never sensed the smallest amount of chemistry between them.

Their chemistry is off the ice - they hang out and are great friends, which is the opposite of Marissa's previous partnership, as she always fought with Simon, etc. But I wonder if picking a partner based on friendship was a mistake for Marissa this time around. I was also surprised to learn that they weren't eligible for the Olympics in 2018 - did they really think they were going to go all the way until 2022?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
BTW, thank you illegal Chinese stream. I love socking it to IceNetwork. :agree:

desertskates

Medalist
I really am hoping Tarah is okay. But if she's not, I hope they withdraw from the long--it's not worth injuring some other part of her body. Heal up and come back tough next year!
Really, really impressed with Cain and LeDuc! So excited to see more from them :hap10:

princessalica

Final Flight
Seriously though, if Cain and LeDuc go to worlds, that is the stuff cheesy skating movies are made of... Sounds kinda like cutting edge to me... They were fabulous, and she hasn't done so well as a single at Nationals... I think this is where she belongs.

Plisskin

Medalist
Marissa and Mervin do have chemistry on the ice (not tonight thought). And they can do the elements. I wonder if a coaching change would help them.

noidont

Final Flight
US Pairs never disappoints. Cain/Leduc was slightly gifted in PCS though. Their speed and choreography isn't the best.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I really am hoping Tarah is okay. But if she's not, I hope they withdraw from the long--it's not worth injuring some other part of her body. Heal up and come back tough next year!
Really, really impressed with Cain and LeDuc! So excited to see more from them :hap10:

Yeah, I feel like a concussion check would be smart just to be safe. Even if her head didn't actually contact the ice directly (since it looks like her cheek took the impact if any).

gold12345

Medalist
Such a rough throw lutz for Kayne/O'Shea. At least she was able to get up and finish the program. Hopefully her body's not hurting too badly tomorrow.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I watched few skates on YT. And I'm in love with Smith/Reiss. My new fav US Pairs team :luv17: I was impressed with both Cain/LeDuc and Stellato/Bartholomay. For such a short time they train together, they were great! Cain/LeDuc SBS 3Lo are everything. If they win, I'd send them to Worlds. Their potential is really big. Regarding Mervissa, I like the porgram itself, but their issues clearly don't help them. I have no words for K/O, other than that I hope Tarah is okay.