Practice reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Food alert -- my sandwich and empty water bottle were taken away when I came in. And they are doing my pet peeve -- keeping the water bottle cap when you buy a bottle.

Always have the camera ready. Mariah Bell just sat down in front of me.

Ugh.... i feel like as a matter of principal that at venues that do this people should fill at least two bottles with water and dump it on the ground. this is BS and not right and we have got to find a way to make it untenable for venues to do this. "Sorry, they took my lid... of course water is going to spill all over!" Cost them enough... they will change.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Like I always say, ya gotta watch out for all those 75 year olds throwing their water bottles. They must think they're at a hockey game! I brought along 3 caps and none of them fit! :laugh2:

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Food alert -- my sandwich and empty water bottle were taken away when I came in. And they are doing my pet peeve -- keeping the water bottle cap when you buy a bottle.

Why do they take the cap? Is it so people can't throw it?

As far as the sandwich, I think the security guard's lunch break was coming up :laugh:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Why do they take the cap? Is it so people can't throw it?

As far as the sandwich, I think the security guard's lunch break was coming up :laugh:

So you can't refill it at a water fountain and are forced to either buy another overpriced water or risk your health/comfort. It is BS and should not be legal. Water should not be a profit making item in my view. I frankly think it is in societies interests to want crowds to be well hydrated... they get less cranky that way.

kimi492

Final Flight
Someone will correct me im sure if im mistaken - but watching that practice in 0.25 speed with the youtube function - that lutz to open the program looks like an outside edge - it could be the angle I'm seeing but if its not, it's still very close
EDIT: It's flat all the way until the last second - she flips within a split second to what looks like an outside edge

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Someone will correct me im sure if im mistaken - but watching that practice in 0.25 speed with the youtube function - that lutz to open the program looks like an outside edge - it could be the angle I'm seeing but if its not, it's still very close
EDIT: It's flat all the way until the last second - she flips within a split second to what looks like an outside edge

It is not a good Lutz edge by any means but I dont think it should warrand an edge call. Probably should get an ! still though. The camera angle isnt ideal but I have to agree that i think it is slightly outside at the takeoff.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

I hope you'll find something else to eat! Thanks for all the inside info, wish you a great SC experience! :luv17:

About the practices..I loved Sinitsina/Katsalapov's RD, they are bringing the fire on the ice with their performace. :biggrin::hap10:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
How did Samarin in practice? Was he there?

I don't think so. I was only listening not watching at the start, so it might have been Samohin not Samarin. But Samarin was meant to be first group and that was when they said it, so I think he did miss it :scratch2:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I like Anastasia Skoptcova's dress. I didn't catch all the FD - how do you think they'll fair in their debut?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Bless the one who got practices on YT, I can bake a cake:ghug:

Watched 2nd group of ID and Soucisse/Firus from the 1st one. To my surprise, I felt much more Tango feel in RD from Viktoria and Nikita than Madison and Zachary - yes, they are wild and uneven at places, but the level of sharpness in poses, dramatic flair, variety in musical interpretation to the movement, the whole picture got to me deeper, the interpretation was much more vivid and decisive than Hubbell/Donohue's for me.

At this point I already dig Bruno Mars FD - it is out there in positive sense, bringing dynamics and energy into the field, that combo rotational lift is timed and executed PERFECTLY. Chinese team looked good too, again, very strong lifts that are showcasing strenght. I am in the fence with Stoptcova/Aleshin's FD as for now - the cuts are a bit too jarring, the choreo seems not that gelled yet from this first look. But boy, they look GREAT, youthful.

jkun

Final Flight
Yes, she did but again could not control the landing and made an extra rotation. Otherwise looked good :thumbsup:

With how often she has to turn out of the landing, I am beginning to wonder if she has just decided to try to sell that as a transition. :laugh:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I like Anastasia Skoptcova's dress. I didn't catch all the FD - how do you think they'll fair in their debut?

They looked spot on in terms of styling, as for the placement... I think it could be a little rough as this is their first outing as seniors and with new programs, especially in such deep field; the best for the would be to work on gelling together both programs, practice them as much as possible and perform to their best I think:)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So is Eteri at this event? Just asking for you know, drama reasons.

I couldn't tell - sadly the camera didn't zoom in on the coaches like the did for the men's warm-up. Pearly thinks they spotted Danill by the boards!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
When SCI was in Mississauga, On a few years ago, I had no problem with water bottles (no glass), or food. Food was so nasty in that venue, so the next day I brought nuts and some veggies, for a decent snack. I had no problem with those.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
They looked spot on in terms of styling, as for the placement... I think it could be a little rough as this is their first outing as seniors and with new programs, especially in such deep field; the best for the would be to work on gelling together both programs, practice them as much as possible and perform to their best I think:)

Mm I agree. I know Anastasia was injured and they missed test-skates, so it's tough on them that this is their first major run-through, and it's their senior debut at that! If it ends up being rough, hopefully they can show an improvement at NHK (that has a fairly deep field of skaters as well but marginally lighter than here).

All the best to them anyway, I like them a lot and hope they eventually continue the great success they had last year! It would have been interesting if they had been in one of the same GPs as Carreira/Ponomarenko this year, just to compare how well they have transitioned into seniors relatively, having been fairly neck and neck last year...