2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is too much at once for Evgenia and it shows. She is unrecognizable. The whole X-Factor is gone and the programs are lacking.

It isn't the programs that are the problem. It should be easier for her to skate these programs since the change in the backloading rules. And her X-factor, if she had one, was her consistency and confidence.

Fluture

Record Breaker
It is funny when people who usually cry "why are people so mean to my faves?" when you point out something as simple as their fave having an uncalled UR are the ones showing their nastiness in this thread. You can discuss Evgenia's performance without being ugly & down right insulting but i guess it is expecting too much from some people.

Agreed completely.

Klarnet

On the Ice
Samodurova is not going to score over 205, realistically.
Konstantinova will make a mistake or two and will not score over 205 realistically.
Zhenya can do a 145 with a clean FS - they are more than willing to give her high PCs (see 35 here), which means in free she will have 75-78. They were also more than willing to give her GOE, see all the +4s, +5s she got.
75PCs means just 70 TES, which is something she can do.

I'm not optimistic, i'm just saying its possible.
Samodurova scored 204 at GPF,I think she could easily get 208-210 here. Same for Konstantinova,she seems pretty consistent this season without major mess-ups.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Stanislava Konstantinova - She did great here, RusFed LOVES her, i don't mind it too much since i like her and this SP is one of my favourites this season, she has good chances to qualify for Europeans at least.

I still think Sofia Samodurova deserves a little more recognition for her consistency tho.

Evgenia Medvedeva - beautiful dress, great program BUT she has to push it more, where's the attack? 3F wasn't great okay but she didn't even try to attach a 2t, and then completely off axis in the 2a. What's happening? She's great in practice but she needs to pull it off in competition. You can tell judges wanted to give her the spot and still i think she has a chance if she skates clean in the free.

The rest more or less what i was expecting: disappointed by Nugumanova's score a little, while i thought Kostornaia was overscored.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think it's important to have someone in the team you can count on. And Sofia hasn't given any reason to doubt her. Perhaps not the biggest deal to be clean at Euros, but at Worlds? A guaranteed Top 10 finish by your Number 3 should be argument enough. She's the only skater who instills that confidence this season. She made the GPF and didn't skate half-bad there. If she skates a clean free there should be no discussion. No, she will not win the Gold, but she's reliable. But what do I know.

rachno2

Record Breaker
I think it's important to have someone in the team you can count on. And Sofia hasn't given any reason to doubt her. Perhaps not the biggest deal to be clean at Euros, but at Worlds? A guaranteed Top 10 finish by your Number 3 should be argument enough. She's the only skater who instills that confidence this season. She made the GPF and didn't skate half-bad there. If she skates a clean free there should be no discussion. No, she will not win the Gold, but she's reliable. But what do I know.

I totally agree with you, as much as I like Konstantinova. I would love it if RusFed sent Stasya to Euros and Sofia to Worlds. Or Sofia and Stasya both to Euros if Liza isn't 100% healed. I want to see Tuk in her absolute best condition at Worlds, fighting for a medal :)

But that's probably too logical for the federation

LynsJ

On the Ice
That was a tense watch! Evgenia looked gorgeous, I hope she can pull her nerves together for the free and move up the ranks. Maybe with the pressure of podium off her and tats pep talk she can rally. Disappointed alena k made that fluke mistake but apart from that she was lovely to watch. [emoji846]

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Slept thru everything but that’s okay.....Tiny Boss came out swinging. I’m not sure what made Eteri look so critical of her performance but I have to say that was one of the best StSeq’s I’ve seen performed. Purpose, difficulty and execution. It’s a thing real of beauty. That 2a landing has become a real highlight for me this season as well. I’ll try to catch up later but for now I can start my day on the right foot.

zenskate

Final Flight
Actually, Alina always receives the same treatment, at every competition she has been to this year, including test skates.

Before the competition: she's done.
After the competition: she's done.

GPF was the worst. The people criticizing her weren't trolls, but skaters from her own country who kept going to the media and wouldn't stop saying that she was done for. These comments started in November.

No other Russian skater receives this treatment. Look at how they treat Evgenia: comforting words and encouragement. Liza: well wishes and encouragement. Stasya and Sofia: not as many good words, but no bad ones either. Stop trying to equate what your skater goes through with what Alina is subjected to.

Edit: upon looking at this thread again, the post I was most directly responding to was deleted, so this reply seems out of context, but since it was quoted below I will leave it up.

leoleo

Medalist
So Evgenia is somehow responsible for Trankov, Slutskaya, Vait and other russian experts who have criticized Alina publicly and deserves to be insulted for that when she does not perform well? How do you people come up with such arguments? :rolleye:

zenskate

Final Flight
Some posters complain about everyone's PCS, some posters never complain about PCS, and some posters complain about PCS only when it comes to Alina. Poor little queen :laugh:

The protocols are out and we can see Rusfed gave Alina, Stasya, Sofia, and Zhenya all a SB in PCS. Stasya had the biggest increase, 3.75. Everyone agrees that PCS is hard to explain, so I will just say three of them were clean, one was not.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Breathe everyone.

All of these wonderful talented young women are in different stages of their careers. I wish them all well and feel so lucky to be able to see them all.

Interestingly, I hired a cleaning service recently. The woman who came was Russian and boy did she have something to say about the Zag/Med rivalry! She was enraged at how the media pitted them against one another! In my mind I wanted to get her over to the Cricket Club to give Med a big hug! I feel for her and I feel for Zag this season trying to find her path with the young ones nipping at her heels. None of them need any bashing.

Peace on skating rinks and good will toward skate fans!

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Congrats Alina. Such a fighter.

A little bit surprised to see Stasya with the third highest PCS.

Ouch Zhenya. I’m not even a fan but it’s really sad to see her in this situation.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
well..i had to open a good bottle of homemade liquor to survive this and i could be still a little drunk but i got the feeling that medvedeva will surprise us all tomorrow in a good way. i mean, what she has to lose? so probably she won't feel the same pressure as today and the girl is a fighter, i can totally see her pull up a nathan chen. anyway, if this will go bad, if there's something that liza tought us is never say never and the last word has not been said yet. you may not like her for whatever reason but a bad season doesn't make you done, especially a season of changes like this one is for her.

that said, some random toughts about the competition

Maria SOTSKOVA: I still don’t get the first part of the program

Alena LEONOVA: uncle/antie quota of the event didn’t disappoint

Polina TSURSKAYA: huge 3lutz as usual, elegant as usual, ur as usual. I promise I won’t like any Russian in the future, I’ have te power to jinx them

Alena KOSTORNAIA: a perfect program and then a fall on the stpsq. ice IS slippery

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Actually, Alina always receives the same treatment, at every competition she has been to this year, including test skates.

After the competition: she's done

GPF was the worst. The people criticizing her weren't trolls, but skaters from her own country who kept going to the media and wouldn't stop saying that she was done for. These comments started in November.

No other Russian skater receives this treatment. Look at how they treat Evgenia: comforting words and encouragement. Liza: well wishes and encouragement. Stasya and Sofia: not as many good words, but no bad ones either. Stop trying to equate what your skater goes through with what Alina is subjected to.

They used to say the same things to Evgenia, and they will say the same things to Kostornaia-Trusova-Shcherbakova in the future.

It's no secret many people involved in this sport in Russia, don't like Eteri because she is by far the most successful coach there, and she outclassed Russia's favourite CSKA. Tarasova is the first one who attacked Eteri many times in the past probably she roots for Evgenia only to upset her.

waterfall braid

On the Ice
I really feel for Evgenia, it’s been a difficult season for her. Hope she skates a free she can be proud enough even if it’s not enough to make the team.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
So Evgenia is somehow responsible for Trankov, Slutskaya, Vait and other russian experts who have criticized Alina publicly and deserves to be insulted for that when she does not perform well? How do you people come up with such arguments? :rolleye:

well, I want to know.. why were they criticizing her for?

Scott512

Record Breaker

After the competition: she's done.

Wow that was perfect. Thank God Alina doess not seem affected by all of this rubbish and nonsense and done comments. how can she be done since she's had somewhere between a good and very good follow-up season to being Olympic champion? Alina is adjusting to everything her new height her new weight a new maturity it's all coming together for her. Others are doing well too the Russian ladies depth is out of this world and will only get better in the next couple years.