2019 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn't the song playing after the skaters finished the Journey song that Marissa and Mervin skated to for two years straight? lol. weired and ironic.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Aw, thanks. :eek:: It's not too much! It's just time-consuming, so it's more a question of efficiency. I don't mind doing it and it's really nice because it makes me pay attention and learn what the steps are exactly. It's more like if it's NOT useful, then I'll just tackle other things, you know?

But! I shall carry on :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I still have both a stream and sound, FWIW.

You are a sweetheart and as long as you want to keep going, you'll keep getting my 'likes' :thank::bow:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For several years Skate Radio was available during the programs. Does anyone know if that is still available.

It's available in the arena only if you already have a Skate Radio. If you have one, they said it will work, but they're not giving them out. There's something else about listening online. The question and answer are in a thread in The Edge.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
I know this is post -Olympics year, but sad to see the stands so empty. I have a whole row to myself, only ten rows from ice.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Frivolous statement, but that top on Chris is really working. They're married and have great chemistry so I like that Chris is giving the people a little more to look at.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still don't get why Mervin would pick another American to skate with. If he won't live in the U.S. he will not get residency so unless she moves here they will never be able to go to the Olympics. What surprises me is that he didn't do what Dylan did and find a Russian lady because that pool is very deep and there has to one who would be willing to have dual citizenship like Lubov did.

He announced late last spring that he'd finally gotten his US green card, so I guess that meant the process would begin for his getting citizenship. But now that I see their coach is Bruno? Does that mean they're living and training in Montreal? ????

Otherwise, possibly Olympics is not his biggest goal, or reason.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason’s exhibition music:laugh:

I keep waiting for him to come out with his four Russian splits.....

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
feels to me that every new partner for mervin is a step down from the previous... of course this is a brand new pairing... but yeah

Yeah, I found myself wishing he had stayed with Natasha Purich while I watched him here (Narumi Takahashi would've been ideal, of course, but I don't think he had a choice in that matter). IIRC, Purich/Tran were 4th at Canadian Nationals once.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
He announced late last spring that he'd finally gotten his US green card, so I guess that meant the process would begin for his getting citizenship. But now that I see their coach is Bruno? Does that mean they're living and training in Montreal? ????

IDK if it was a training issue with Mervin and Marissa. I thought Marissa wanted to leave the competitive field.

GGFan

Record Breaker

There's definitely a physical presence requirement to maintain your permanent residency and get citizenship so I'm not sure how training in Montreal is going toward. Unless he's claiming somme kind of extenuating circumstances.