2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Pairs Free Skate

auser

Record Breaker
Who is being interviewed on Peacock? I stepped away to replenish food and drink.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
What music would you like to see someone skate to?
well...since we're talking about The Nutcracker, I'd love for someone to use the Chinese Dance!

Thing is, it's too short to use by itself; might be nice to pair it with the Arabian Dance for contrast in tempo.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
As far as I know Americans do not give two cents for soccer so that's a pointless ad

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So Mark had a freak slip during their program opening, on just footwork before any elements. That is so difficult to recover from, but Nica and Mark did a good job. 👍 Sure, they were shaky on some elements as a result, but the judges went so extremely hard on them, taking off points in an unnecessary, nitpicky way, and giving miniscule GOE for decently well-executed elements. I thought that was extremely unfair and harsh of the judges.

It was clear to me that the judges wanted to ensure Nica & Mark dropped as far as possible. Of course, they would drop behind Mokhova/ Mokhova the way they were being judged. But it's not as if M/M or any of the lower-placed teams were setting the house on fire. Lots of errors from all those teams. I think Nica & Mark were very steady, and they have great potential, IF they receive deserved support and encouragement. All judging requires IMHO, is to be fair. But judges often go hard-line on skaters, even on good elements once unexpected mistakes happen that lower their impressions of the athletes.

I for one applaud Mark & Nica for recovering as well as they did. 💗

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not true. I have a lot of friends and neighbors who are like us with skating only they watch soccer at all hours of the day.
Of course I live in a very diverse area with lots of emigrants who came from soccer loving countries.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can confirm, the only American soccer fans I know either played it as kids or have family in Argentina
My ex was soccer mad. There was a TV in a Mexican restaurant playing it once and he went crazy over it.