2023 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Aug 16-19 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Aug 16-19

Marirue

On the Ice
Daiwei's 3A and 3T+3T are truly stunning. 😍

So happy he got one of the host spots at Cup of China (and so happy he's working with Han Yan's coach now).☺️
Looks like that Daiwei is Romeo to You's Juliet although that he is a bit too young for her (pun intended)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I suspect Chinese Taipei Team is having the same plushies for each of their skater…very environmental friendly;) And nice skating from Fang-yi.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daiwei's score is shockingly low, did I mistake a 2A for a triple? :scratch2: Just above 27 in TES seems very low, when the BV for just his jumps (if fully rotated) is 21 points.
I saw a triple also, in fact I was thinking oh good, Daiwai has a triple axel.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yanhao's SP score as a junior just defeated the entire senior category here 😅

I just saw the protocol as well, and there's no reason why Daiwei's axel should be invalidated right!?
If his axel is counted then he'll beat Yanhao's score for sure (and rightly so) :)
Exactly, and usually invalidated elements would still be listed, just with an asterisk (for example 3A*).

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Yanhao's SP score as a junior just defeated the entire senior category here 😅

I just saw the protocol as well, and there's no reason why Daiwei's axel should be invalidated right!?
If his axel is counted then he'll beat Yanhao's score for sure (and rightly so) :)
It was fixed, his score is 72 now - with SP TES minimums for 4CC and Worlds secured.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Just watched the Junior Men SP winner.
I immedialely went :biggrin: when the music starts. Did not see this coming haha
And his reaction was priceless, well done!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Yu-Hsiang Li, another great small-fed fave, and Yanhao Li are in not only this competition together, but also both of their JGPs. It's double the small-fed greatness!

This is just a great program from Yu-Hsiang, truly a 10 in performance. But the judges are being stingy in performance :angry:
This was my first time seeing Yu-Hsiang, what a lovely smile he has 😇

In case anyone is interested, the JGP stages to catch both of them are Bangkok and Osaka. (Nice to have so many Asian JGPs this year!)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm watching Day 2 while waiting for Day 3 and I declare Jia Hao Lai adorable.

auser

Record Breaker
Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure which link you are seeking @TallyT? Hope this helps.

Day 2:

Upcoming Day 3:
When is it upcoming? I've just got a learning disability when it comes to time zone conversions. That's the only explanation.

auser

Record Breaker
When is it upcoming? I've just got a learning disability when it comes to time zone conversions. That's the only explanation.
Seems to be live broadcasting now and says comp will start in about 10 minutes.