2024 Russian Nationals: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Russian Nationals: General Info

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I will be so happy to see Yablokov, so long as he is in shape to skate!

But sad about not seeing B/P, I like them.

Also, yeah, time to stack up on balloons, because I'm worried about Mozalev's chances to stay on Nat Team. I am not sure I will be able to watch Russian men live, it's too nerve-wrecking.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The medals

photo_2023-12-16_14-15-32.jpg

hanca

Record Breaker
I thought about it. But who could it be? Something happened to Cheremnykh/Butenko as they WD from the junior cup. Others have no experience in seniors and time to prepare a senior program, also many are not senior-eligible.
Those are the top junior pairs, based on the results from JGP events:
Anastasia Chernyshova/Vladislav Vilchik 184.81
Taisia Shcherbinina/Artem Petrov 184.35
Kira Domozhirova/Ilya Vegera 183.47
Alisa Blinnikova/Aleksei Karpov 179.43
Varvara Cheremnykh/Daniil Butenko 177.20
Maiia Shegai/Igor Shamshurov 176.46

If Shegai/Shamshurov can compete in seniors, I am pretty sure that the top three (Chernyshova/Vilchik, Shcherbinina/Petrov and Domozhirova/Vegera) could manage too. And if they don’t have senior program, let them compete with junior program. Even with one lift less, I am pretty sure they would manage to beat some of the senior pairs. E.g., I don’t think Kuleshova/Sled are better than those juniors.

(Your worry that they may not be senior eligible is hilarious. Come on. Russian skating federation has been giving so many exceptions in the past, that I am pretty sure they would manage to justify giving a pass to any of those junior pairs. If they wanted…)

Skating91

Medalist
Is it common for Russians to have time off work in the upcoming week because it always seems strange the scheduling for Russian Nationals with events during the day on the Thursday. I know they want the gala on Sunday, but it would be better to have the bulk of the events Satuday/Sunday, show the gala Monday night if need be.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Last edited: