2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Women's Short Program

DK74

Rinkside
Country
Germany
We know who was the far superior skater.
For sure. But in the list of the champions Kamila is officially missing. So she officially never won the title and now she is too old and the young girls are too strong to win the title again. Sad but true.

Arwen17

Final Flight
At skate america my daughters were shocked at how tiny Ksenia is in person.
I assume we are talking 2021 skate america and I was there too. I was able to meet most of them at the exit door.
Ksenia was super friendly! I'm not sure how much english she knows, but she was super relaxed taking pictures with American fans. I remember the pair group under eteri was also super relaxed. morozov? can't remember names off top of my head.
Trusova did come out, but seemed extremely nervous. I think because she spoke no english and was surrounded by Americans.
Daria Usacheva was terrified and bolted thru the crowd, refusing to taking pictures with anyone.
I was just shocked none of the Russians had anyone with them, since some are sooo young. Like why not some kind of chaperone/translator/helper?

Shoma was super shy and mostly only took pictures with japanese fan girls. Nathan and ALL americans were super chill.

All the russian girls were short and tiny. Like 5'3 tall at that time.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Vazhnova seems to have improved her rotation at least. Could get big points tomorrow - she usually did but got like 10 point reductions.