2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate

icewhite

Record Breaker
Russian FS:
1) Never doubt Shcherbakova
2) Never doubt Semenenko
3) Never doubt M/G

I doubted Shcherbakova and I often doubt Semenenko - but it's not the talent that makes them stand out, it's the ability to fight and concentrate.

Skating91

Medalist
You dislike Semenenko? Do most people? Or do we just love Dikidzhi? I'm not too familiar with the men's drama.

I don't follow it closely enough to know the fan rivalries, but Vlad has been so consistent every time I have seen him so wanted him to win.

I think the PCS for Semenenko is absurd looking at the scoresheet now. Inferior jumps to the other two medal winners too.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I don't follow it closely enough to know the fan rivalries, but Vlad has been so consistent every time I have seen him so wanted him to win.
Same. I wanted Vlad or Petya to win because they were the best during the cup stages. But alas, Vlad had to pop a jump and Petya had to do what he did in first stage.

icewhite

Record Breaker

I think the PCS for Semenenko is absurd looking at the scoresheet now. Inferior jumps to the other two medal winners too.

Semenenko's PCS are way too high.
However Dikidzhi's are insanse. And for instance Semenenko's q call in the short seemed rather harsh. Semenenko is overscored in comparison to the rules and people like Aliev and Mozalev, but not in comparison to no2 and 3 here.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Great top 3!

But I also want to commend Samsonov for the 5th place. He's been on the injury and struggle train for the longest time and it is nice to see him finally getting some good result. I actually predicted before that he will retire due to his injuries but he proved me wrong. I'm sure this will motivate him to even work better to be on his 100% healthy self next season.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
And for instance Semenenko's q call in the short seemed rather harsh.
As for technique, Zhenya was judged pretty harshly at both Nats. I am biased, of course, but both times there were things that were not noted at other competitions or by other technical panels.

For example, last year his combo spin difficult exit wasn't counted, although at the previous competitions the judges counted it.

Isk

On the Ice
Wow, international men are that good? Apparently 200 would put him 2nd in FS according to IGPF scores but maybe he is getting over-scored domestically?
Petr's PSC shouldn't be in the 9s, at least not the SS and PE IMO. Neither should Semenenko's and Dikidzhi's. They get overscored here. I mean, why not, what's the point of keeping it internationally realistic, if the skaters are not going to compete internationally anyway, and they do need a motivation boost after 2 seasons of isolation.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Great top 3!

But I also want to commend Samsonov for the 5th place. He's been on the injury and struggle train for the longest time and it is nice to see him finally getting some good result. I actually predicted before that he will retire due to his injuries but he proved me wrong. I'm sure this will motivate him to even work better to be on his 100% healthy self next season.
He's not my favourite, but I'm happy for him. Shame for what's about to happen on social media.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Do you believe in fate?

View attachment 7409
photo_2023-12-22_17-10-04.jpg

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
What is the weight of nats and cup final in national team selection this season? Is it 50/50? Is there points for each placement or is it the total scores that matter?
I guess the medalists get automatic spots in the team.