2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Free Dance

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems like the smaller teams like the Browns have a problem of just not skating with the speed and power of some of the taller teams. I think the US has had male ice dancers coming from Juniors over the last decade who are rather smallish and that's hurt them over the last few years that's why i see N/M when they move up having success a lot quicker they already skate with the speed that some of the US Junior teams from the last few years have lacked and they have good height and fill the ice which always makes a impression on the judges.
Being small hasn’t hurt Charlene & Marco

skatingguy

On the Ice
Being small hasn’t hurt Charlene & Marco

Or Kaitlin and Jean-Luc (who are taller than the Browns and Charlene and Marco, but still on the shorter side for Ice Dance)
I would argue that their size held back both of those teams, but they have learned to skate big so they fill the space. The Browns need to learn to do the same thing.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These two are so fast and cover the ice so well. I never thought I’d enjoy them as much as I have this season.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I do think she has a point about the emotion of the program. It was pretty good, but I've never felt that this program was the absolute best fit for them in terms of that.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I would argue that their size held back both of those teams, but they have learned to skate big so they fill the space. The Browns need to learn to do the same thing.
I'm not sure I would agree. Lifts are definitely harder for the short men, but look at the height of skaters we use as examples of very good skating skills (and who are also considered to be very fast) - So many of them are on the short side for their disciplines from Kaori and Shoma to Charlene and Marco.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caroline is the fish in the ship and Michael is the ocean I think