2023-24 Spartakiad | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spartakiad

Pairluv

Final Flight
They were not their best, but I love their expression and feel for the music.. I know that alone doesn't win competitions, but I'm a sucker for that ;)
I agree. They have a really nice presentation and I'd like to see them really improve their jumps. The rest of their elements are really good.

LOL that stuffie is bigger than that adorable little hockey skater.

Skating91

Medalist
While we don't have any recent comparison of how Ksenia and Anna would be scored internationally, as Juniors Ksenia was clearly received much more favourably by international judges. (See for example the scoring at the Youth Olympic Games) 🤔

How much that would have changed over the years is something we can only speculate about 🤷‍♀️

She would get similar PCS to Hendrickx I imagine, you couldn't put Sinitisina below Hendrickx or Levito. Hendrickx has better speed, but Sinitsina more polished, better artistry, rotates her landings. Sinitsina is better than Levito in every aspect.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Gold is almost a lock. Silver could be anyone's. B/K are nervous performers since going to Eteri.
Boikova has always been a nervy skater, imo.

They could lose silver, but Ch/Ya and O/G had a meltdown. Now it's only Kh/K who realistically may beat them. But their SP was imperfect, too.

Skating91

Medalist
Go mishina and gallymov , how does Sasha get his hair like that? Wonder what it looks like in the morning?

istockphoto-477375508-170667a.jpg

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
She would get similar PCS to Hendrickx I imagine, you couldn't put Sinitisina below Hendrickx or Levito. Hendrickx has better speed, but Sinitsina more polished, better artistry, rotates her landings. Sinitsina is better than Levito in every aspect.
We weren't talking about how they'd be scored compared to international skaters, but how Anna and Ksenia would be scored in comparison to each other.

And that's something we just don't know how it would have developed over the years, because the rankings in Russia don't necessarily always correlate to the rankings of Russian skaters outside of Russia.

Pairluv

Final Flight
I love this piece of music and I find Khab/Knya so compelling. But, that was a real mess. What's up with all the teams today???