2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Sorry, her nose is like a woodpecker....She is a very unattractive woman but she is an excellent dancer and skater and they deserved to win.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .... Meryl is not a classic beauty like Kiira Korpi, but I would not say she is unattractive. She has a unique look and I find her quite beautiful.

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Oh I would bet money that next year Voir does a very very safe ooey gooey romantic long program.

For the Olympic year I'd say stay with your strength. Their past two FDs were not immediately competition-friendly and required feedback and tweaks all throughout the season. It worked out in the end with FF but this year (plus with Tessa's leg issues) all the loose ends were just not coming together in time. So if ooey gooey romantic is your edge, then own and capitalize on it like there's no tomorrow.

ETA: Not unlike Meryl and Charlie with the pretty Disney princess and strapping blond knight in shining armour look. They completely own this space.

herios

Medalist
I never suggested or hinted C&B rose because of federation support. They earned their way to where they got this year. I am just saying as a reward for that they can probably expect more federation support next year. As to why people usually mention that at some point in their analysis, well if anyone thinks that isnt still a strong factor in the sport, get your head out of the sand already.

I don't say politicks is not a factor, but not "THE MOST IMPORTANT" factor. When a new person comes to these boards and would read what we write in general, they would think everything is decided in the back-office, the rest is just a formality.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
German eurosport guy, who is a former ice dancer and competed there once, said it gets really superhumid in the venue the longer a competition goes on. That could make it harder to breathe.

Hendryk Schamberger (he skated with Diana Goolsbee) knows the arena from competitions and says especially the later skating group suffer from the bad air in there...it is much too warm and humid as the arena has bad A/C.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hendryk Schamberger (he skated with Diana Goolsbee) knows the arena from competitions and says especially the later skating group suffer from the bad air in there...it is much too warm and humid as the arena has bad A/C.

Oh....so would that have an affect on the ice? With all the Ladies in the later groups during the Ladies SP having problems with their spins, I was wondering if perhaps it was because the ice was too soft....

ETA: And yeah humidity sucks. I hate running when it's humid out, I can only imagine what it's like after an intense 4-minute dance....

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meryl's looks are unique. She has a look about her that seems almost otherworldly.

sweetskates1

Medalist
Fault me for being bias, but not a fan of Davis and White, never was. She is fake and always seems to be over-actig. I don't buy it. And Charlie huffing and puffing at the end, like he just completed something that had never been done. Please the moment had passed, actually there was no moment. Call it sour grapes, they do nothing for me. Bland program like they always put out. I seriously thought Meryl was wearing a wig for the short dance to go with the program, but now I see it's her real hair. Girl do something about it! Tessa is gorgeous, simply stunning and their program was captivating from beginning to end. The mistake in the short dance did them in. On to Sochi!!

Funny, V/M never do anything for me. They rely heavily on 'romance' (so overdone!) and have yet to match D/W's speed. Die Fledermaus became an instant classic as soon as D/W performed it at SA. This year's SD for D/W is dreamlike and amazing. Meryl's hair is gorgeous and so is the rest of her. Why is it that there are always other people and little mistakes to blame when Tessa and Scott happen not to 'win'? And why is it that D/W are so gracious whenever it is clear that they have been robbed?

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Oh....so would that have an affect on the ice? With all the Ladies in the later groups during the Ladies SP having problems with their spins, I was wondering if perhaps it was because the ice was too soft....

ETA: And yeah humidity sucks. I hate running when it's humid out, I can only imagine what it's like after an intense 4-minute dance....

It could be....the ideal ice temp is -3 °C for figure skating...if the air is too warm and humid, the ice gets too soft and sticky:-(...I wonder why they didnt check the A/C before such an event...the problem seems to be very old.

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 189.56 Free Dance
2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 185.04 Free Dance
3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.19 Free Dance
4. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 168.04 Free Dance
5. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 166.20 Free Dance
6. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 165.60 Free Dance
7. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 163.93 Free Dance
8. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 157.71 Free Dance
9. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 157.52
10. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 154.27

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 189.56 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
2. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 185.04 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
3. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV (RUS) - 169.19 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Anna CAPPELLINI & Luca LANOTTE (ITA) - 168.04 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 166.20 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Nathalie PECHALAT & Fabian BOURZAT (FRA) - 165.60 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 163.93 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
8. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 157.71 Free Dance, 2nd Copy
9. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS) - 157.52 Free Dance
10. Nelli ZHIGANSHINA & Alexander GAZSI (GER) - 154.27 Free Dance
11. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS) - 149.78 Free Dance
12. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 145.98 Free Dance
13. Penny COOMES & Nicholas BUCKLAND (GBR) - 145.71
14. Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY & Dmitri DUN (UKR) - 141.88
15. Isabella TOBIAS & Deividas STAGNIUNAS (LTU) - 141.64
16. Julia ZLOBINA & Alexei SITNIKOV (AZE) - 141.44
17. Charlene GUIGNARD & Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 140.95 Free Dance
18. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 140.02
19. Sara HURTADO & Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 131.28 Free Dance
20. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 129.94

elif

Medalist
Oh I would bet money that next year Voir does a very very safe ooey gooey romantic long program.
I don't think V&M can get the gold with romantic programs. They used this so many times on SD and FD. Almost all of show programs too.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
P/B just sealed Olympic bronze goodbye

I agree there is no way they are getting the bronze next year. Will be one of Bobrova & Soloviev, Capellini & Lanotte, or Weaver & Poje for sure, with B&S having the best shot now. P&B an older team dropping to 6th in the World will be dropped like a hot potatoe next year, quite likely falling behind I&K and C&B too next year. It was a huge mistake for them to skate Worlds not fully prepared, unlike W&P who had better reasons too actually skate (well mostly to help out their buddies and teammates).