Men Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skating - 2013 Trophée Eric Bompard

FSGMT

Record Breaker
V/T and Chan are really establishing themselves as the Olympic frontrunners!!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I cannot stand Chan but his skating is exquisite. Much of the choreography is the same in both programs. I guess that is what he feels most comfortable with.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
What's in the water in Detroit? Because seriously...it's working for Chan.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
That was... a champions performance from Chan. I still don't feel the movement he does is authentic, that sometimes he doesn't give the movements the breath they needs, and that his shoulders are still too high in some parts.... but otherwise, he's clearly the winner, and by a wide margin.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Chan with a well-deserved win. Insanely good score but I think deserved. Sad that it wasn't Han Yan's day but the podium of Chan - Hanyu - Brown is correct.

Patrick Chan -Deep and smooth edges. Effortless skating throughout featuring changes of direction and connecting steps performed with total ease. The way the program flowed from start to finish was absolutely incredible. His upper body movement was composed and refined.

The program could have used some more highlights and variety, however.

Surely a new world record.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
196+ holy crap... New WR for sure, but that's awfully close to 200.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well...

A pretty disappointing competition overall, but Patrick Chan surely delivered. The only question I have is: How will he improve upon this in Sochi?

gimble

On the Ice
Wow. Who can even come close to Chan. That was the best performance I have seen from him.
I enjoyed Hanyu and Brown's skates as well. They are young and promising. Hope they stay for a long time.

MasterB

Final Flight
Well, that should shut up all those nay sayers.

Chan was super human today. Congrats to him.