2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 84 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

Crylais

Rinkside
He said something very similar in an interview (originally in Russian) released at the beginning of January. I don't know if Sports Nippon (quoted as source in the article) interviewed him directly or took the words from there.
Anyway, this article says that Yuzuru will keep working with Brian next season.
Thank god lol. I actually dont mind if Hanyu goes back to his previous coach. She was the one who got him into the spotlight (2012 Worlds). However, please not Plushenko. He is a great skater and all but I don't see how Hanyu would benefit under his coaching.

Welcome, coffee. Thanks for joining us. :)

About the short and long programs, to me they have reversed their original roles. In general I like the short programs better. In addition to being mercifully short (within my attention span ;) ), they do present a balance of skills and adequate opportunity for expression and interpretation. The long programs are more like an endurance test over an obstacle course.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
However, please not Plushenko. He is a great skater and all but I don't see how Hanyu would benefit under his coaching.

lol... Plushenko to Hanyu: "no, no no! You're doing this all wrong! All those little useless things you do before the jump just increase the risk of falling! You need to just calmly stroke and then jump. Done. I'll show you..." :laugh:

sweetskates1

Medalist
lol Frenchie is on a roll... hahahahahaha

lol... Plushenko to Hanyu: "no, no no! You're doing this all wrong! All those little useless things you do before the jump just increase the risk of falling! You need to just calmly stroke and then jump. Done. I'll show you..." :laugh:

Angryyew

Rinkside

But he'd definitely get a +3 GOE on his pelvic thrusts and blown kisses.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
lol Frenchie is on a roll... hahahahahaha

:biggrin: I'll go to bed now. It's 3am here, I have no control left on what I'm saying!

But he'd definitely get a +3 GOE on his pelvic thrusts and blown kisses.

That has to be a great selling point for Plushenko as a coach though: "how do I get high marks for Transitions without actually having to do Transitions?" Noone can answer this question better.

moviechick

On the Ice
That has to be a great selling point for Plushenko as a coach though: "how do I get high marks for Transitions without actually having to do Transitions?" Noone can answer this question better.

Be a legend? Lol, maybe he can just hand off some of his medals to Yuzuru to bump up his rep.

figuristka

Medalist
Orser did alot for Yuzuru in regards to skating skills and transitions, and with the choreography he also got that from Canadian choregrapher's. Canadian's did alot to help Yuzuru. Canadian's should be proud of Yuzuru too. Patrick is such a beautiful skater, i can re watch his free skate from TEB over and over, he may not have had the free skate he wanted but what wonderful skater's they both are.Patrick should be proud of his medal as well. I love to see them at their best. Too bad it was not in this Olympics FS. I will miss Daisuke Takahashi, he always skates with his heart despite any mistakes. Plushenko can be admired for his mental toughness like Stojko but skaters like Yuzuru and Patrick don't have easier parts in their choreography and have to pay such detail to everything. Maybe even Plushenko would not have been so consistent if he had to do this kind of choreography and pay such detail for so much between the jumps.

Becki

Medalist
Thank god lol. I actually dont mind if Hanyu goes back to his previous coach. She was the one who got him into the spotlight (2012 Worlds). However, please not Plushenko. He is a great skater and all but I don't see how Hanyu would benefit under his coaching.

I think Yuzu might go back to his old coach if he wants to continue beyond 2018. I think he will stick with Brian for the next quadrennial.

chiocciola

On the Ice
Men's free was a dissapointment((( All skating skills are blurred by the mistakes. You can enjoy Hanyu and Chan's skating and say they're brilliant when they're clean... when they're not, it's very mediocre.

Whoever says that the sytem should be changed for men... All skaters in all categories have the same conditions. You can choose to go safe and be beaten, you can risk and win or lose. SK were flawless.

figuristka

Medalist
True, the men's free overall was dissapointing. I won't be rewatching it. The short program's by quite a few were brilliant though. Hoping for cleaner skates from Ladies and Dance.

treeloving

Medalist

Frenchie, you give me nightmare.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
It's time for me to go to bed to get ready for ice dancing and curling tomorrow, but before I go, you know what I think?

As a teacher, there are some classes that are good and some that are not so good. Yet every year, someone is valedictorian. Some valedictorians are truly brilliant and some are just the least dumb.

The Olympics are the same way. After seeing the men's competition, I have come to the conclusion that this is just a mediocre bunch. I can't imagine some of the stars of the past skating like this even if they had harder requirements. You really think Plushenko or Yagudin in their prime would fall twice if they had to do more transitions?

So congratulations to you, Yuzu and Patrick. You are the best of a bunch of so-so skaters. But you did earn your medals.

moviechick

On the Ice
Plushenko and Yagudin were competitors first and foremost. They would've done anything to beat each other. A little personal hate can be a big driving force, something that seems to be missing from this group of skaters. I think in their prime, they could've handled any system and adapted to it. Plushenko at 18-20 had insane stamina as well.

Flaya

Match Penalty
I'm sorry, I did not manage to watch the short program.

What was the mistake that Chan did in the SP and why was he overscored again (so many points ahead of Fernandez)?

With so many mistakes in the long program and a mistake in the short, Chan still manages to place 2nd in both? Is the power of Canadian federation so strong that judges become completely blind?

Unbelievable, the most overscored skater ever.

I think we should come back to deductions for falls, the whole event left such a bitter taste in my mouth.

figuristka

Medalist
Fernandez had more errors in the sp than Chan and was lucky to be 3rd in the short. Chan's sp there was a slight step out of the 3a but otherwise everything done to such a high level.

There is a deduction for falls already. You must mean there should be a bigger deduction?

Spinerette

On the Ice
However Chan has the best artistry and foot work of anyone who has ever skated that's why. I thought Yuzuru was overscored yesterday for his component marks. He had two falls and he still gets those marks???