Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 276 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nontama0817

On the Ice
Only he can add another element of suspense right before the competition! Does anyone know if practice Thursday is open to the public or just to the media? I think we shall get an answer soon if he does a run through so at least we can hold our breath in the right places during SP. :laugh:
Thursday practice is open to public. I am checking people's tweets, but no report yet.

Nontama0817

On the Ice
I am trying to calm myself by saying that he must be in good phyisical condition if he decided to upgrade tech difficulty and anyway he cannot be any worse than SC SP score and he can go to GPF just by getting into top 3!! BUT still nervous:slink:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I read that and Brian's "ayayay" from SC played in my head :slink: Oh well, this is just a practice. Good luck to him and his new SP layout!
:palmf: gezzz even if he lands everything in practice that does not stop me from worrying...:sad4:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I'm just going to do things that within my control which is sending him positive energy...."feel the force Yuzu, you can do this"

Gambette Yuzu!!! :cheer: :biggrin:

Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
This is the run-through that he often skips am I correct?
I noticed in the past when there's 2 practice sessions per day many times he only went to the afternoon practice.

ahkeekee

Medalist
Ok everyone, I hope you are ready to die because according to this article Yuzuru changed his plan for his SP.....and he will go for 2 quad !!!!!:eeking:

Summary of the last part of the article I did on the Facebook group : After the first GP of the season, he decided to increase the level of difficulty of his SP, and he plans to do 4S, 4T3T and 3A in NHK.... :eek:
(and the newspaper is Mainichi shinbun, that's not a gossip newspaper so it's pretty reliable....)
Oh my goodness!!!!!! Never imagined there's this day where yuzu decides to ditch his lutz combo for sp!! I guess that means he's really having a lot of trouble getting the timing right and wants to skate his program clean!!
It could also be because of the traumatic zayaking experience that he wants to avoid the same mistakes no matter what from happening again!
I told you, he will be opening with spread eagle-4S-spread eagle

I'm done.

:scard8:
You're joking right? :drama:
Oh man, I will have a hard time watching men's SP, especially because after going to SC my husband does not like Yuzuru that much anymore and prefers Jin. We are going to have a domestic fight [emoji14]almf:
Hope you two won't end up fighting!! be calm!!

dasani

On the Ice
He's not really a morning person :laugh:
So let's hope he will have a better run-through in the afternoon after he has his nap :bed:

Most important thing is to time his peak condition for the competition!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
So two quads in the SP...there goes what's left of my sanity this season. This stress is not good with my finals starting tomorrow :dbana:
I trust him, his team and his training, but perhaps I'll skip the competition live (it's at 1:10 am anyway).
Why am I not surprised he skipped the morning practice? And as many have said, practice and competition are very different. Remember how he missed his 3 quads in his LP run-through? It's like he gets the falls out of his system in practice :biggrin:
But I have a question regarding the qualification, a podium finish is the safest way, but wouldn't a 4th place also do it? 13+9= 22. Tied with Patrick and Dice, loses the tiebreaker against Patrick but wins it against Dice and qualifies in 6th place (and Dice also goes because of TEB). Or can someone else sneak in there if he's 4th?
But as always, I'm cheering for our guy!!! :hap10:

orangecentipede

Rinkside
So two quads in the SP...there goes what's left of my sanity this season. This stress is not good with my finals starting tomorrow :dbana:
I trust him, his team and his training, but perhaps I'll skip the competition live (it's at 1:10 am anyway).
Why am I not surprised he skipped the morning practice? And as many have said, practice and competition are very different. Remember how he missed his 3 quads in his LP run-through? It's like he gets the falls out of his system in practice :biggrin:
But I have a question regarding the qualification, a podium finish is the safest way, but wouldn't a 4th place also do it? 13+9= 22. Tied with Patrick and Dice, loses the tiebreaker against Patrick but wins it against Dice and qualifies in 6th place (and Dice also goes because of TEB). Or can someone else sneak in there if he's 4th?
But as always, I'm cheering for our guy!!! :hap10:

You can read this for more info:
http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/post/133810928123/amended-gpf-analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.