Patrick Chan | Page 335 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Catching up here again - so much good stuff to read and so little time...

Kittysk8s and Sam L, nice to see you here!

Mango, you're welcome and thanks for reading!

VB and 4everchan: Yes! The process and not the results!!

For me, I would be interested to see the difference in his entrance to the jumps and how he executes them, since he said it's different every year - that is, if I can even tell the difference, since he's so fast. Since quads take up a lot of his energy, I'm sure he (and his coaches) will have a strategy to determine where to put the jumps in his programs so he can conserve his strength for the rest of his moves. Also, I expect the ice in Finland to be perfect, so no problems there. :thumbsup:

Nice photochan! Can't wait to see Patrick use his spidey senses to land ALL his jumps his year! :)

eta: I'm not very good with puns; there are many here who are but I'll try one - Vivley, you should entitle your Photochan "Spiderman and SpiderCHAN"! Ok, I'll quit now! :)

Haha, perfect! He's "The Amazing SpiderCHAN"! And here's another pun using a Spiderman movie quote: "Get Ready For The Ultimate Spin!"

Kid and SpiderCHAN
Kid: (after seeing Patrick do his ‘spider’ reflexes and land a 4S) How'd you do that?
SpiderCHAN: Uh... Work out... Plenty of rest... You know, eat your green vegetables...
Kid: That's what my mom is always saying, I just never actually believed her.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
here with the corn, we feed the cows :) that's why we have awesome cheese...

Have you seen his license plate? He is not kidding about his love of corn!!

And good things grow in Ontario. Remember that you Québécois!! :biggrin:

Kittysk8s

Rinkside
Kurt has said various things about Patrick's 3A but we are not skating jump coaches to diagnose technical issues with Patrick's jumps based on Kurt's or others' comments. If it's something Kurt's words can easily fix, I'm sure it would have been done. There are qualified observers out there and Patrick chooses who to consult and Mishin is probably not one he has preferred for his own reasons. We know it's not any serious fundamental problem with his 3A technique and I've oft suggested it's a mental issue causing the inconsistency so it's about small technical tweaking that would take him closer to perfection, as well as confidence and consistency. He has sounded confident about his 3A and has demonstrated consistency since last season, except under extraordinary extrinsic influences. I expect he will put the exaggerated "3A problems" to rest.

All true Violet Bliss. I meant no harm. Just trying to gain a better understanding of something that is often discussed in several mediums :)

Last edited:

Kittysk8s

Rinkside
Kittysk8s yay!! thanks for joining us!!! told ya we are a bunch of :hb:

And I got lambasted by Violet Bliss on my very first post! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding. Love your passion Violet Bliss and you will find that I too, am an uber and feel only love for Patrick :)

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
And I got lambasted by Violet Bliss on my very first post! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding. Love your passion Violet Bliss and you will find that I too, am an uber and feel only love for Patrick :)

I did too when I first joined the fan fest... but since then, Violet and I are two flowers on the same stem... (ugh....) :laugh2:

I think that when you get such a welcome and come back, it shows you are a true Patrick fan ;)

Looking forward to your next posts

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

You call that lambasting? Just wait till I'm really mad! 4verchan can tell you about how I got a warning recently. :biggrin: Actually I wasn't targeting you in my post but was just mouthing off.

Also, I was so glad about your posts about your experiences and perspectives as a judge and I gave you thumbsups and heartfelt gratitude and appreciation if you remember. I am especially thrilled and proud that you've joined us here. Welcome, welcome. Never mind me. Everybody else here is as nice as can be. Really.

eta. Let the record show that I have been the usual default Welcome Committee in this Patrick Fest. I plead for leniency for my transgression based on historical good behavior in this regard. :unsure: :slink:

Last edited: