Patrick Chan | Page 270 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Oh yeah! Patrick and Javier nailing side by side triple axels in slow motion! :yahoo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1TejtKEI8/

Notice the differences in posture and position of limbs between Patrick and Javier before they go into the jump. The end results are great jumps, but Patrick's was just gorgeous!

Last edited:

calica

Final Flight
Me neither... it´s true that i like more the reception (aterrizaje ) of Javi but i dont see more diferences

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Here's the longer video from Javier's Instagram. He said "Different technique but same jump!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1SA9kDi4h/?taken-by=javierfernandezskater

I have no idea what are the different techniques of doing 3A, but Patrick obviously found one that works for him! :agree:

Incredible synchronicity! Especially for two with different techniques and who don't train SBS. :rock:

I think Patrick tries just a little too hard here, probably a little pressured to jump sbs with Javi. But he did well to prove it's no nemesis. :2thumbs: Bravo to the two World Champions!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Me neither... it´s true that i like more the reception (aterrizaje ) of Javi but i dont see more diferences

You can see it better at the beginning going into the jump. Patrick's right leg and arms are swung up farther than Javi's as he goes into the jump. When they land, Patrick's left leg swings up higher than Javi's.

I hope they practice together like this often during SOI. It will be great for them to learn from each other. Perhaps Patrick can learn from Javi how to skate in any ice conditions!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
All Patrick needs to learn from javi is to convince his choreographer not to put the jumps always at the end of the ice. That's what saved javi in the terrible ice conditions.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Article and photos from today's Local Xpress. Woah, Patrick looks great in that black turtleneck. What a fierce expression!

http://www.localxpress.ca/news/2016/4/30/skaters-showcase-love-of-the-sport-at-stars-on-ice

And Patrick Chan was clearly a skater at the top of his game, winning the audience’s collective heart as he flowed effortlessly across the ice at breakneck pace, his intricate footwork interspersed with high-flying jumps, dazzling spins, impeccable edges and magical moments that made the adoring crowd love him even more.

Canada’s trifecta of world men’s champions — Stojko, Buttle and Chan — joined together for the evening’s standout performance, a lyrical, moving number to Disturbed’s Sound of Silence, skated at stunning speed, which in its simplicity was breathtaking.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
he says it's always special for him to be in Ottawa, where he was born, having achieved his dream to be a top level athlete. So coming back to Ottawa with stars on ice means a lot to him...
What he said?