Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 475 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I also love jeans leggings. :) I think Yulia will be a trendsetter. I expect to see many skaters wearing jeans leggings in training soon.

borzaya

Final Flight
The translation of Yulia's interview here - https://vk.com/video-111503400_172050969
(or here, if you don't have access to vk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN43LuXNgqQ )

- So, there were the Olympics, about which the whole country, the whole world were excited, these "hot, cool, yours" and they really became yours - so, these emotions, this festive atmosphere, this gold medal - if you look back, what do you feel when we are here at the same spot, what do these Olympics mean for you?

- Well, I've got used to all this already, I have been staying here for a long enough time, so what I feel about the Olympics? that there was the performance, the victory ceremony... and as for anything else, I feel calm about it now, it was long ago already.

- But this is pleasant memory for you, isn't it?
- Yes, of course. I was going for it for all my life, though not so long by that moment, but of course I have warm recollections about it. I'm proud that this was in my life.

- You were fifteen at that time, many people get to their Olympics when they are, for example, thirty. And you were fifteen, and at the home Olympics, all this attention, all these fans... certainly you'll have something to tell your grandchildren, won't you?
- Yes. A lot. (laughs) Not only about the Olympics, but...
- This is unforgettable.
- Yes, naturally.

- So, now you are living in Sochi, training in Sochi - how do you find the city, the conditions here, the ice?
- It's great here, the conditions for training are perfect; here is everything what is necessary... the ice is great, too - it's different from the ice at the Olympics, but it's not worse, just different. We skate at three rinks... well, it depends, mostly at the training base, there are two, and at the Iceberg... they are all different, but all are great.
I have been to Sochi itself only once...
- Just once?
- Yes, at Sochi only once, I just didn't need to go there... but in Adler, in the suburbs here, I go everywhere, I like it here.

- What is your favourite place here?
- Meaning?
- Well, maybe some cafe, where you like to go...
- No, I like to go everywhere here, here I can everywhere feel at ease.
In Moscow, for example, even when I just go for a walk, it feels like some burden... even when I go shopping, for example, and then I come home it feels like it was some work that I have performed... And here - the day goes on and on and on, the trainings, three ice trainings, two physical trainings, choreography - and the day goes on, and I don't want it to end at all.

- And in your free time, may you go skiing, for example? Or is it not allowed by your coaches?
- In fact, I'm invited to go skiing almost every weekend, but I can't ski properly, and I think it's not good time for it.
- And to sit somewhere by the sea? watching and resting?
- In fact, it's cold for me now to sit by the sea, I'm afraid to catch cold, because here's really strong wind here in Sochi, and when I went to the sea one or two times, I was standing and was nearly blown off my feet by the wind (shows it).

- This year we have seen your wonderful performance, your SP in Ekaterinburg, you're from Ekaterinburg yourself, and I have a feeling, that this home atmosphere in Sochi back then, and the home atmosphere there, well...

- No other competitions can be compared with these Olympics, never, as I think. Because I went after the Olympics to the Worlds, and I thought there would be something similar, though the audience was Japanese, but no, nothing of the kind.
Everything was different, different ice, different atmosphere... As for Russian Nationals, it's absolutely different competition, can't be compared.

- Well, of course, it can't be compared with the Olympics, but still, it was kind of new stage for you, and...
- I had been incredibly nervous before that SP, because there were too few performances of this program... much work, yes, but very few complete performances of this program, as we were constantly changing something, correcting something, I was working at larger parts of it, smaller parts, something wasn't going right, so I was nervous.

- But it worked out well eventually, didn't it? Everybody have seen that here it is, that here is Lipnitskaya.
- That something has remained (laughs). And something new has added...
A lot of work, yes, that SP exhausted me...

- Well, thank you for these answers...
- The thing to do now, is to do a proper LP...
- Well, I'm sure you will succeed, we believe in you, we support you. We have come here for a day purposely to talk with you, we wish you good luck, and you have proved already, two years ago, that you can do everything.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Thank you for sharing :)

And here - the day goes on and on and on, the trainings, three ice trainings, two physical trainings, choreography - and the day goes on, and I don't want it to end at all.

This is encouraging.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is third, second row, on the left. No idea where Urmanov is. :)
I meant, on the right. It's left for her.
apologies, bedtime, really.

Lols ... I found her. Alexei is lookers left same row ;)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Has Russia named the team for Worlds 2016 yet? Would love to see Yulia in Boston.

There is the cup of Russia first, but I think Yulia's chances are slim in any case. Anyway, she will use the time to work on her jumps and come back in force next season.

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Hey guys, could anyone tell me the exact date of the Russian Cup Final? And is there a thread for it? Please & thank you.