8 Won-Hee Choi 43.89
9 Seo-Young Lee 43.44
10 Kyu-Eun Kim 42.79

Men SP
1 June-Hyoung Lee 61.86
2 Se-Jong Byun 44.98

Kuan

Final Flight
It must be such a burden to skate under the KSU :rolleye: Some of the girls like Da Bin and Na Hyun will compete at Asian Trophy and still HAVE TO do this to qualify? It is 2 days apart. Right after FS they have to put on their shoes and hurry to Taipe. Good for the stress level of a kid.

Kuan

Final Flight
Men FS

1 June Hyoung Lee FS 141.34 Protocol
2 Se-Jong Byun FS 81.24 Protocol

I am very happy for Lee, he improved a lot and his 3A is really looking good now :clap:

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Thanks for sharing the results. How will that affect the JGP assignments. Do the first 4 or 5 get assignments, assuming no extra spots are obtained for Korea?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It must be such a burden to skate under the KSU :rolleye: Some of the girls like Da Bin and Na Hyun will compete at Asian Trophy and still HAVE TO do this to qualify? It is 2 days apart. Right after FS they have to put on their shoes and hurry to Taipe. Good for the stress level of a kid.

It's upsetting but it's their reality. I'm also confused why KSU still didn't fund them to at least train in a different country where they can have more ice time. What's the point of having sponsorships with chaebols if they can't fund their own skaters. SMH

edit: sorry for being out of topic on this one!

Thanks for sharing the results. How will that affect the JGP assignments. Do the first 4 or 5 get assignments, assuming no extra spots are obtained for Korea?

I believe that they do so as you said. However, with the fickleness of JGP events, I wouldn't say that S. Korea won't be able to gain another spot in an event.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I personally found Kyu Eun Kim and Hwi Choi (ABBA music! :points: ) a lot more interesting despite the mistakes than Da Bin Choi and Na Hyun Kim, who had good jumps but BORING music and meaningless choreography :slink:

cooper

Medalist
It's upsetting but it's their reality. I'm also confused why KSU still didn't fund them to at least train in a different country where they can have more ice time. What's the point of having sponsorships with chaebols if they can't fund their own skaters. SMH

edit: sorry for being out of topic on this one!

that is not surprising actually..even when yuna was still active.. there were meaningless domestic competitions held by KSU and to be honest majority of them are confusing and stupid..and probably her team (orser was still her coach) insisted and say f-u to them..and they didn't really have no choice..lol! but this is KSU.. one of the worst sporting feds (and probably the worst) in Korea..and not to mention they don't care about FS.. they will rather spend their money in speed skating and short track.. and that's the reality..

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
The 69th South Korean Figure Skating Championships will be held on Jan. 7-9, 2015 in the Mokdong Ice Arena.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Also, here is the list of skaters that is part of the senior KOR team:

Park So Youn
Kim Hae Jin
Choi Da Bin
Choi Hwi
Kim Na Hyun
Kim Se Na
Im Ah Hyun
Kim Kyu Eun
Byun Ji Hyun

Lee June Hyoung
Kim Jin Seo
Lee Dong Won
Kim Min Seok

So far the newest senior is Ah Hyun. More skaters will probably be added next year due to them turning 12-13.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Woah, some inteeeeresting news

Hwi Choi is actually a pairs skater now! She is currently training with Ingo Steuer's team in Florida. :shocked: Her partner is Luis Manella. Also , Jung Yoo Jin (don't really know much about her past) is also a pairs skater as well. She is paired up with Luca di Marte.

https://twitter.com/Spiral9509/status/539402989241651200

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Woah, some inteeeeresting news

Hwi Choi is actually a pairs skater now! She is currently training with Ingo Steuer's team in Florida. :shocked: Her partner is Luis Manella. Also , Jung Yoo Jin (don't really know much about her past) is also a pairs skater as well. She is paired up with Luca di Marte.

https://twitter.com/Spiral9509/status/539402989241651200

Interesting. It seems a lot of Korean (and Japanese) ladies are pairing up with foreign skaters these days. Is it a part of some Olympic strategy, because citizenship will probably be a barriere? They should try to develop some male pairs skaters, but I guess not enough tall skater stay long enough in the sport...

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Interesting. It seems a lot of Korean (and Japanese) ladies are pairing up with foreign skaters these days. Is it a part of some Olympic strategy, because citizenship will probably be a barriere? They should try to develop some male pairs skaters, but I guess not enough tall skater stay long enough in the sport...

Sorry, I got confused. They are still representing South Korea...?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

I guess...yes about that Olympic strategy talk? :think:

I'm not too keen with the Korean citizenship process/rules but here is what I found in their Immigration Service page. Maybe the Korean gov't will give their partners this type? Other than that, I got nothing. KSU needs to get their act and talk to the gov't and the immigration services then. I don't think Ingo would want to move to SK and train all of his teams there.

@Ayeshoo
Yes they are still representing SK. But their partners are going to deal with the citizenship issues.

edit: oh guacamole, the link won't work
here's how I got my info
-> go here:http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/InfoDetailR_en.pt?categoryId=2&parentId=398&catSeq=&showMenuId=377
->click the 'Nationality/Naturalization' tab at the left side menu
->expand the tab
->click 'Naturalization (General, Simplified, Special)'
->click the 'Special Naturalization (Those involved in the independence movement or other meritiorious deeds)'

yeah...the site is really annoying to navigate due to the wierd pop-ups :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Hwi Choi was a talented single skater with difficult triples. Why has she switched to pairs?