Skaters from US doing Lip Sync - Hilarious | Golden Skate

Skaters from US doing Lip Sync - Hilarious

ice coverage

Record Breaker
This is the best thing that I have seem in the day lol :laugh2:

With any luck, other skaters will be shown in forthcoming vids from USFS. :popcorn: :laugh:

They had a karaoke [ETA, on second thought, I guess it actually was lip-synching] contest at Champs Camp -- I seem to recall that Christina Gao's performance was mentioned at the time as one of the highlights. Can't remember who else.
I think USFS has been saving all the video for these many months in order to stir up attention for Nats. And their strategy is working. ;)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With any luck, other skaters will be shown in forthcoming vids from USFS. :popcorn: :laugh:

They had a karaoke [ETA, on second thought, I guess it actually was lip-synching] contest at Champs Camp -- I seem to recall that Christina Gao's performance was mentioned at the time as one of the highlights. Can't remember who else.
I think USFS has been saving all the video for these many months in order to stir up attention for Nats. And their strategy is working. ;)

Golden, I think you are right, these must be the Champs Camp videos that never appeared.

:rofl: You go, Jean-Luc!

ETA: from Alexa's twitter, it looks like Scimeca/Kneirem may be next.

Last edited:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Kaitlin and Jean-Luc for World Champions!

(Not really. But I do love them, and this makes me very happy.)

chezzu

On the Ice
LOL Jean-Luc is so epic!! And Kaitlin spent half the video just staring at him, probably wondering what the heck is wrong with her partner! They're so adorable, I love them so much :p

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
She looks like Mila Kunis in this video!

Have to admit, I had to look Mila Kunis up as, although I know the name and that she is supposed to be hot, I didn't actually know what she looked like... :slink:

Yep, Mila is seriously hot! :love:

Whether she looks like Mila Kunis or not, I can tell you something: Kaitlin certainly looks hot in this video! :love:

lmao. Jean Luc is clearly the star of this video.

Jean-Luc. What can you say? He is a born entertainer! Totally hilarious! And doesn't take himself seriously.

But, enjoyable though it is, I still think the Russian version is better:

CSKA Moscow version of "My Humps"

I know this exercise has already been done, when I posted the link for the original vKontakte version in the Fan Fest of one of the participants. But how many of the skaters can you name?

Kaitlin and Jean-Luc for World Champions!

(Not really. But I do love them, and this makes me very happy.)

All the best to Kaitlin and Jean-Luc in US Nationals, and the subsequent selections. It would be great to have another Brit competing in this year's Worlds, especially one that has a good chance of doing well...!!! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh my god. I am never going to be able to hear this song again without seeing Jean-Luc and that hip action. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Please, for the love of Plushenchrist, please USFSA, tell me there are more. Tell me ALL the skaters at Champs Camp did this - because I'm DYING just thinking about it and if they're all as top-notch as this I don't think I'll survive!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
What a find! Thanks for sharing Celeste. Jean-Luc was quite the performer, while Kaitlin was a good foil to her partner. Wishing them well at US Nationals.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This one becomes awkward when you realise that none of the girls (except maybe Adelina) are of legal age. Although I :laugh: at Adelina losing her sunglasses in the beginning sequence.

Yipes. Good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Just out of curiosity, I decided to try to work out what ages they all were at the time of filming. And you may be surprised to find that Zaseeva and Sotnikova were the only ones that were under 17 (they were both 16). Agafanova was already 17, and the others were all over 18.

So, no need to panic. ;)

Personally, I thought the CSKA video was better because of how much fun everybody was having, even though it was obvious that a lot of work had gone into making the choreography so professional.

Let's face it, Kaitlin and Jean-Luc's video is enjoyable because it is Jean-Luc messing about! :laugh:

But the CSKA Moscow video is enjoyable because of how good the routines are. I still can't get over how good Adelina and Kristina were in the routines they did with each other! Even though they were the youngest, these two were definitely the stars of this video.

So, it is sad to see what has happened their skating careers since then. Kristina retired quietly last season without anybody noticing. Adelina became Olympic Champion last season, but is now out injured, and there are doubts over whether she will return.

Both these girls have real talent. So it would be a real shame if the full potential became unfulfilled for both of them...

Sorry for going off topic.

CaroLiza_fan