Amodio readies for fifth Europeans | Golden Skate

Amodio readies for fifth Europeans

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Four-time and current French champion Florent Amodio prepares for his fifth consecutive European Championship.

More

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Ahhhhh Amodio, best wishes for him.

I think is all in his head, hopefuly he can give a great performance.

Nice article.

LRK

Record Breaker
Great article - it's nice to get a glimpse of what has been going on with him, as it's been so puzzling!

“I enjoy skating again, which is very important after a year with bad competitions,” he said. “I could have stopped. I’ve had good things (in my career), but I thought it would be a shame to stop now. I know my potential and I know that there is work to do, but I think it is a good challenge for me. If it works, great, if not, well, at least I’ve had good performances.”

I'm glad he didn't stop, and wish him the best! It truly is quite frustrating to watch someone who clearly isn't living up to their potential & talent - and I hope he has skates he can be proud of, and we can enjoy. :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Good luck! I really enjoy his perfromance when he is in good shape. He is a dancer, the dance is in his blood. :cool:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Good luck! I really enjoy his perfromance when he is in good shape. He is a dancer, the dance is in his blood. :cool:

Fully agree on the last part. If his technicality is not there, sadly, the dance doesn't always save him. But he's fun to watch for sure!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I love Florent, but I have learned to temper my expectations when it comes to competitions. As long as he gives a good effort, I'll be happy, and if he shows improvement, even better.