Russian Article: Top skaters moment in 2014 | Golden Skate

Russian Article: Top skaters moment in 2014

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
:drama: Russian article about the top skating moments of 2014 from Russian skaters... with plenty of incendiary comments/moments (2, 5, 6) thanks to Tat, ridiculous Japanese TV on Sochi... with poor Anna caught up in the middle acting out the role of Adelina Sotnikova vs Yuna kim. Very disturbing to say the least. Some cutes from Julia.

http://www.sportinfo.kz/news/show/name/luchshie_vyskazyvanija_figuristov_v_2014_m_121277.html

Maybe someone will be kind to translate for us and set the record straight. One thing is for sure Drama is never far behind in the Russia Figure skating world.

Or perhaps the BIGGEST news to this forum is point 6!

Blade of Passion, wonder if you are aware ISU Chairman of the Technical Committee Alexander Lakernik has addressed your 'letter' directly with the Russia press with the lamest retort ever! :rolleye:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha!!! That's a great article if you can giggle and not take the sport too seriously.

Oh BoP....your efforts aren't in vein and you've made a believer out of me that the rules and process need to be addressed but TBH if anyone from the ISU were to respond to you I would have much preferred you're "ode to the single jump" about Caro's WC FS. To this day I can't open those protocols without laughter.

This article also makes me ache for Yulia to do well and get back to action soon. I so miss her little honest and rather short remarks when asked questions she didn't like....which is almost all of them :laugh:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I made some effort. Enjoy!

Mishin after Pluschenko’s Sochi withdrawal:
When I said that we would be back I meant when FS becomes a part of Paralympic games.

Tarasova after Yuna Kim’s skating in Sochi:
Can you remember the music to which Yuna skated today? Me neither. It’s a crime.

Plushy’ s wife Yana about her plans to get a dog:
I have 3 kids and an Olympic champion at home. Why would I also need a dog?

Yulia during the meeting with school kids after Sochi:
What do I like to do at home? For one thing, I don’t have a home.

Pogo:
Some weird story about Japanese journalists that asked her to show Lipnitskaya's bielman. Her back hurt after that.

Lakernik about the situation with some Tim Gerber who presumably sent complaints about judging in Sochi to 33 most influential people in FS world.
I think Gerber sent his letter to my grandfather in the village that’s why I did not receive it. “Sending a letter to the grandfather in village” is a saying from Russian literature meaning sending a letter without a recipient.

Yulia about her third place after SP in Saitama:
We knew about that all along with my mother– there were so many 3s around us (then gives examples)

Averbukh about Yulia’s programs:
I don’t think it was a work of genius. My work in the show is much more sophisticated in terms of choreo. I just said: we will not suffer although the music is sad. We will not have forced gestures. Russian skaters are known for that. Professional people say: the Russians have upset stomach again.

Plushy
Some bitching about Russian football team. “Nothing will change until my 2 year old son grows up”.

Yulia
If you look how I skate, I am not a monster.

Liza about failing combination at the nationals in Sochi:
I behaved like a girl not like a man. Usually I behave like a man.

CarneAsada

Medalist
When I said that we would be back I meant when FS becomes a part of Paralympic games.

Can you remember the music to which Yuna skated today? Me neither. It’s a crime.

Lakernik about the situation with some Tim Gerber who presumably sent complaints about judging in Sochi to 33 most influential people in FS world.
I think Gerber sent his letter to my grandfather in the village that’s why I did not receive it. “Sending a letter to the grandfather in village” is a saying from Russian literature meaning sending a letter without a recipient.
:laugh: 1 is great. Is 2 about the SP, LP or both? 6 sounds familiar... Chekhov, Vanka?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I guess 2 is about LP and 6 is truly Vanka (Zhukov) who like Mr. Gerber wrote a letter with complaints and the address was: "to grandfather in the village"

Lota

Record Breaker
Oh God, the 6th one :rofl: Although Vanka's story is really sad ( :cry: ) good use of it here!

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I made some effort. Enjoy!

Yulia during the meeting with school kids after Sochi:
What do I like to do at home? For one thing, I don’t have a home.

Pogo:
Some weird story about Japanese journalists that asked her to show Lipnitskaya's bielman. Her back hurt after that.

Yulia about her third place after SP in Saitama:
We knew about that all along with my mother– there were so many 3s around us (then gives examples)

I don’t think it was a work of genius. My work in the show is much more sophisticated in terms of choreo. I just said: we will not suffer although the music is sad. We will not have forced gestures. Russian skaters are known for that. Professional people say: the Russians have upset stomach again.

Plushy
Some bitching about Russian football team. “Nothing will change until my 2 year old son grows up”.

Yulia
If you look how I skate, I am not a monster.

Liza about failing combination at the nationals in Sochi:
I behaved like a girl not like a man. Usually I behave like a man.

OMG that is brilliant!!!Thank you for translation :DD I will write it somewhere and read it to my grandchildren in some 50 years :laugh:
This really made my day. Thanks a lot.

cooper

Medalist
i guess you really can't buy "class.."

and why is Alexander Lakernik so defensive? :p

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
here is another one (No 9 in the original):

Tarasova on I/K split:
It is easier to find a husband than a dance partner!

My take on Julia's one:

Julia at Russian Nationals in Sochi:
Looking at how I skate I am not such a monster after all

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Here's a thing about the letter that Gerber sent to granpa ;)

I read it when it first appeared. I remember well how when I read "...recently sent a letter via email to 33 figure skating office holders within the International Skating Union..." my first thought was Spam folder / autodelete :laugh: :bang:

I mean this guy's email was obviously chock-full of angry emails from probably about 3 million people; there's only so much that a poor mailbox can handle!

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I pity this old classless woman so much.

It's interesting that she once praised Yuna for her talent and skating back then. Idk what happened to that. :eek:hwell: Although I still respect her tremendous work, I lost a bit of respect for her after thinking about her responses about Sochi.

I'm really confused with Averbukh :unsure: wasn't he the one that was praising Yulia about SL and stuff?

LOL. :laugh2:
Adopt a dog after baby Sasha grows up more. Dogs are awesome life companions. Cats too! :biggrin:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don't understand Yana's joke.. But it was very funny indeed. They have two dogs ( Jack and Blade)http://instagram.com/p/mXaSvEmy-Y/ and one cat http://blog-imgs-46.fc2.com/m/a/q/maquis44/INU41.jpg in St. Petersburg. And they have two Tibetan mastiff in Moscow house...http://instagram.com/p/miliWSmy51/ this was 10 month ago..they are giants today...

I wanna snuggle with all of them :biggrin:

hmm maybe it's because they don't have pets around Sasha and that most of them are in someone else's care? :think:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
And i stamd corrected. Thank you for providing those adorable evidences :love:

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm really confused with Averbukh :unsure: wasn't he the one that was praising Yulia about SL and stuff?

The article is a joke. Those words from Ilya, for example, are taken from different interviews and statements of him, on different subject and put together here.

Also, Mishin and Liza's "statements" are a joke.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
The article is a joke. Those words from Ilya, for example, are taken from different interviews and statements of him, on different subject and put together here.

Also, Mishin and Liza's "statements" are a joke.

I did know it's a joke but it felt kinda true in a sense since he's been kinda like that lately