Tickets for 2016 Europeans? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tickets for 2016 Europeans?

melinus

Spectator
Will single event tickets then be available later? I'm not interested in an all event ticket tbh, so I'm not really willing to put down 125 euro for just a few events (unless that turns out to be cheaper in the end).

I would argue that, if you are really like figure skating, it should be more cost effective to buy an all-event ticket (all 8 events, opening and closing ceremonies, and acces to practices). Obviously, you should also consider the additional costs (accomodation and food) for more days spent in Bratislava. On the other hand, if you wait until September to buy tickets, you will find less good seats than now.

If you want to get an idea of how ticket prices range, you might want to take a look at the prices from the identical event from this season in Stockholm.
http://skatesweden.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/SKF_EC2015_ticket-information_Fall-2014_1_eng.pdf
Just bear in mind that the prices did not include booking fees (I have no idea what that means) and that Stockholm is much more expense city, hence the differences in whole numbers are much bigger (gold all-event 525 euro, silver all-event 300 euro).

I have no idea what your budget limits are, but I can tell you mine were/ are pretty low. From the research I have made prior to buying tickets and making all the other reservations, Bratislava is a surprinsingly cheap city and one of the few locations available in Europe.
When you start to count the recent European cities hosting such events, you end up kind of empty: Paris, Bordeaux last year dues to problems with the avenue in Paris, Barcelona (for Grand Prix final 2014 and 2015), and Moscow. Other known upcoming locations: 2017 Europeans - Ostrava, Czech Republic, 2017 Worlds - Helsinki, 2018 Europeans 2018 - Moscow, 2018 Worlds - Milan or Torino, Italy. None of these, maybe with the exception of Ostrava, seem cheaper than Bratislava.

Last edited:

melinus

Spectator
I think they definitely must announce the time of practices. I'm thinking about sending an e-mail there, if there won't be nothing on the event website after the start of September. We wil see.

Sorry, I rushed with the questions. I blame it on too much enthuziasm. The answers were quite clear or could be fairly easily deduced.
https://www.ticketportal.sk/event.aspx?id=60157&idpartner=233
All Event ticket (all competition days including gala exhibition, access to practice sessions).
http://worlds2016.com/schedule/
Practices
Release Date:
Late Fall 2015

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Thank you melinus for your informative answer! It has more to do with the free days I have to take from work than costs. I am mostly interested in Ice Dance and Ladies, so I will check what is the best option. I actually do not mind to be farther away from the rink with worse seats, but I'll keep it in mind!

Also thank you Sophie-Anna!

Richie

Rinkside
When you click on the ticketportal-site there is also the arena seatingview option. Looks like a very nice venue. Anyone knows where K&C will be?

Richie

Rinkside
thankx Sophie-Anna. looks like only half of venue tickets are onsale now. will book my tix soon.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Hmm, based on the current status for tickets, it seems like not much interest is there. They hardly sold any tickets so far, the first 5 rows are not sold, so if you count from 6 onwards, its really not a lot. Maybe its too expensive or so?

LisaM

Medalist
Hmm, based on the current status for tickets, it seems like not much interest is there. They hardly sold any tickets so far, the first 5 rows are not sold, so if you count from 6 onwards, its really not a lot. Maybe its too expensive or so?

All the B stand seats on the judges side are sold out though.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Isn't it quite late? Shouldn't they begin offering the other tickets, too?

Alba

Record Breaker
So single day tickets seems to be available?

Single day ticket - Wednesday 27.01.2016
Silver: 19,-€ , Gold: 49,-€ , Platinum: 59,-€

Single day tickets - Thursday 28.01.2016, Friday 29.01.2016, Saturday 30.01.2016
Silver: 29,-€ , Gold: 59,-€ , Platinum: 69,-€

I'm not sure if I got this right. Is this per day, all competitions in that day?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Is anyone going to Euros this year? :) I m thinking of going, I ve missed watching fs live!

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I am, though for Saturday only. :) And here's to hoping IZ make the Europeans team, because the choice between them and Liza's category on Friday was difficult, and in the end ice dance won because of these two. I need a praying smiley here...