Abbott in for another season? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Abbott in for another season?

centerpt1

On the Ice
I HAVE seen Ryan skate in shows-he must be a great guy, but his skating is not up to the quality of others in SOI. Really it's not. He can do a back flip and that's it.

Ashley is doing CSOI, so Jeremy could have been added in if they wanted to do it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Would Jeremy feel comfortable performing to the upbeat kind of music often used in shows for the spots that are not Featured Performer spots? That sort of ensemble routine is Ryan's forte. SOI cast members have to do the ensemble numbers

As a Featured Performer, he could pick whatever he wants to skate to, but can you picture him doing the Chairs routines or Studz? And frankly he is not going to be the headliner. Currently, for SOI US/Canada/Japan, among the recently retired or active skaters, the top cast candidates would include Meryl & Charlie, Virtue & Moir, Takahashi, Hanyu, Chan, Asada, YuNa (if available), Duhamel & Radford maybe, not Jeremy Abbott. Jeremy is in competition for Ryan's spot, not Patrick's. And if he wants Ryan's job he needs to announce, clown, and do ensemble performances. In those types of spots, at this time, Ryan is better.

Could Jeremy learn to be fun and funny on stage, so to speak? Perhaps, but it is not a given.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, but he does not draw the eye during it, and he does not seem happy or comfortable, to me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ryan seems pretty versatile in general. I know he emceed the Shall We Dance show and he seemed to do a pretty good job.

RE: Jeremy, I thought that duet he did with Alissa Czisny he did during SOI was cute.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It is possible Jeremy would be invited to non-SOI shows in Japan as a guest skater. But I don't know how much it would be worth. Those shows are generally pretty short.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It is possible Jeremy would be invited to non-SOI shows in Japan as a guest skater. But I don't know how much it would be worth. Those shows are generally pretty short.

It's probably still more money than US or Can SOI. He's done The Ice the last few years, he'll probably continue to get that invite.

Maybe he'll get some stuff in Europe too.

centerpt1

On the Ice
But he hasn't so far, and he seems to be advertising.

Jeremy fit in well the times I saw him in SOI- he can do a number of different styles of program. He really is amazing.

I would really like to see him skate again. The only way for that to happen is if he gets some shows ans they are in the US so I can go, or if they are overseas and can be seen online.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
But he hasn't so far, and he seems to be advertising.

Jeremy fit in well the times I saw him in SOI- he can do a number of different styles of program. He really is amazing.

I would really like to see him skate again. The only way for that to happen is if he gets some shows ans they are in the US so I can go, or if they are overseas and can be seen online.

Japanese television usually airs shows.

noskates

Record Breaker
Before y'all take off on when SOI was scheduled, etc. etc. I don't believe they have alot of say for many of these venues. They have to take the dates that are available. The arena in San Jose, CA is a VERY popular venue with the likes of Beyonce, Maroon 5, etc. etc. Like I mentioned earlier, last year's show was on Mother's Day and this year's show is on Easter!! I think they have to take what they can get as I doubt SOI has the clout of a big time performer.

I just watched the YouTube of The Walker and it sure seemed to me like Jeremy was having a good time and getting into it. His facial expressions, his rhythm, etc. all seemed pretty good. But honestly I was most impressed with Josh Ferris.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeremy is a goofy and fun guy so I don't see him having issues with doing ensemble and upbeat numbers in shows.

If only he could relax and focus in a competition...............

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I suggest yuna's show invite Jeremy. Hopefully he is not restricted by certain agency company. Jeremy's ex number is absolutely a treat to figure skating fans, one of the best I have watched. Also, he could be very cool, fun and energetic. That is for sure!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I suggest yuna's show invite Jeremy. Hopefully he is not restricted by certain agency company. Jeremy's ex number is absolutely a treat to figure skating fans, one of the best I have watched. Also, he could be very cool, fun and energetic. That is for sure!

Probably more lucrative in Japan. Plus he has way more fans there...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I dont know, but what I heard is that skaters who was invited to Yuna's show all said something along the lines, they were treated like rock stars, one of the best production of ice shows in the world. And usually 30,000 tickets sold out within days. So... I think if Jeremy is invited, he will be loved as every previously invited skaters has been. Never should worry about fan base for Yuna's ice show.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Me thinks this may be a hint that Jeremy is not going to retire.
"Well said @douglasrazzano ! It's not logical, it's not rational, it's true love. Plain and simple. It's not always kind, it's not always easy, and it certainly is painful, but it is, pure, honest, and enduring! ❤️"
He is referring to this post by Douglas Razzano.

peg

Medalist
Me thinks this may be a hint that Jeremy is not going to retire.
"Well said @douglasrazzano ! It's not logical, it's not rational, it's true love. Plain and simple. It's not always kind, it's not always easy, and it certainly is painful, but it is, pure, honest, and enduring! ❤️"
He is referring to this post by Douglas Razzano.

It could also simply be saying he understands where Doug is coming from because that's why he didn't retire after last season

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Yes, true, it is all speculative at this point. I imagine if he does announce a decision it will be after Worlds & WTT, it is a pretty monumental decision.
But it is kinda fun deciphering the hints.