Pick the music for your favorites | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Pick the music for your favorites

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Hanyu need to do a program on One Piece. Epic edit required.

I'd love to see him as the pirate and think of the ending pose!!!

Layback11

Record Breaker
I want Yulia to skate to Umbrellas of Cherbourg. I first heard the music when some random person skated to it at the Olympics and promptly forgot about it, but I stumbled upon V/M's Umbrellas of Cherbourg FD and fell in love. More people need to skate to that music! I'm convinced that Yulia is the best person for the job because A) that lyrical but dramatic stuff seems to be her forte (R&J, SL, DYGUOL), and B) she has the sophistication and polish to pull it off. I can't think of any other current skater who could own that music the way she could. Guys, this seriously needs to happen. :points: :party2:

Imagine

Medalist
Yulia Lipnitskaya
SP: Mulan Soundtrack
LP: Bratja (Brothers) from Fullmetal Alchemist
LP: Liebestraum by Franz Liszt

Yuzuru Hanyu
LP: Vogel im Käfig from Attack on Titan
LP: One Winged Angel (from Final Fantasy VII)

Adelina Sotnikova
SP: Ballade pour Adeline by Richard Clayderman
LP: Czardas by Monti
EX: Defying Gravity from Wicked

Hongo Rika
SP: España Cañí
LP: Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart

Elena Radionova
SP: Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack
LP: Selections from Les Miserables
EX: When Will My Life Begin from Tangled

Anna Pogorilaya
SP: Selina Kyle's Theme from the Dark Knight Rises
LP: Pan's Labyrinth Soundtrack

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Haha!! I see you already posted about Pan's Labyrinth. I really don't care who skates to it but I think this song would be amazing.

http://youtu.be/DQaXRCWLMfc?list=PLFFEBC23D16A9FC0F
Not sure if the link is working so the song I like is the second one on the soundtrack. It's actually called "the Labyrinth"

The two minute mark is just begging for a step sequence that leads into a spin. I actually edited this down to a two minute program and offered suggestions to a local coach but in the end it was too serious for the skater. My goal is to see this skated by someone. I'm still pushing it on coaches whenever the opportunity arises :laugh: If were to choose who I would say it fits best...well....Lena would be the best suited for it. I can just see a twinkle in her eye that would sell the bass lines and all the little shimmerings that this song offers.

Last edited:

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I would love to see someone do a program to any combination of songs from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I can't seem to think of anyone in specific I'd like to do it though.

The Wicked OST would also make for an amazing program. I'd love to see Liza or Ashley do that!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hanyu need to do a program on One Piece. Epic edit required.

I'd love to see him as the pirate and think of the ending pose!!!
As One Piece fan, I second that :biggrin:

My choice of music would be this: Bandyta soundtrack by Michał Lorenc
I would love I/Z to skate to this (I can't not think about Elena in the track 'Elena's dance' :love: ), but would be happy for just anyone perform this on ice. Maybe some polish skaters in the future :)
And also would like someone to skate this Last of Wilds by Nightwish. Don't have anyone particulary in mind, but maybe Denis Ten? He does good job with music interpretation :)

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I dare any discipline junior or senior to skate to One Direction or 5 Seconds of Summer. Not to the singles. But the non-singles songs. Some of the non-singles songs in my opinion are great for skating. Or cool at least.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I dare any discipline junior or senior to skate to One Direction or 5 Seconds of Summer. Not to the singles. But the non-singles songs. Some of the non-singles songs in my opinion are great for skating. Or cool at least.

ha! I agree! I hate 5 seconds of summer but I am all for a 1D program. I think someone like the Shibs or my love Zijun Li could do a cool, fun and energetic program to one of their songs. I'd love that :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm probably repeating myself but I want to see Yuzu do an Edward Scissor Hands program. The music is so good and he just has that mysterious vibe about him.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ha! I agree! I hate 5 seconds of summer but I am all for a 1D program. I think someone like the Shibs or my love Zijun Li could do a cool, fun and energetic program to one of their songs. I'd love that :)

What's there to hate about 5 Seconds of Summer?! :O

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
What's there to hate about 5 Seconds of Summer?! :O

ahah I just really dislike their music! (As for them, I don't follow them so maybe I am wrong, but I think they seem a bit entitled and not very nice but that wouldn't really matter for me if I liked their music...)

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm probably repeating myself but I want to see Yuzu do an Edward Scissor Hands program. The music is so good and he just has that mysterious vibe about him.

That would be great! Danny Elfman's music is fantastic, I'm surprised not more programs are skated to his scores. BTW, I am going to see his music live w/ full orchestra for Burton's films at Lincoln Center this summer, looking forward to that!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
That would be great! Danny Elfman's music is fantastic, I'm surprised not more programs are skated to his scores. BTW, I am going to see his music live w/ full orchestra for Burton's films at Lincoln Center this summer, looking forward to that!

Especially with the ice and snow references in the movie!

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
I think it's time for Ashley to do something slow for her SP this year.
I for some reason REALLY want her to skate to the glee version of "Papa, Can You Hear Me?"https://youtu.be/bJSHlBxeDCQ
She always is sassy and fierce, and while I love that, I really want to do something more "sad" again. The last time she did was Romeo and Juliet, and while it didn't perform at nationals well, I thought that program was beautiful. Does anyone else feel this way?
I can see it all in my head.

Last edited: