Elizaveta's triple A | Golden Skate

Elizaveta's triple A

tulosai

Record Breaker
She is such a badass! I just love her- and also actually Mishin :cheer: All best to her with being able to land it in competition!!!!

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
I would love to see her going for it at a competition, though I think it would most likely be next season. Radionova is so close to her in scores that a small mistake can make the difference, if she doesn't land that 3A perfectly on daily basis is not worth risking it right now, and she couldn't land it at the Euros Gala.
Of course, it's still beautiful and I'm hoping the best for her. My favorite female skater at the moment :)

lyndichee

Medalist
I hope to see it next season; I feel like everyone is getting ahead of themselves. For worlds I'm hoping for a 3Lz-3T in the short program instead :cheer: That would help with the short program gap. She can beat Radionova without the triple axel.

BlackPack

Medalist
Tuk is one of the most, perhaps top 5, talented and technically pure female jumpers ever to walk the earth IMO, reminiscent of Ito and Harding. Some of her Youtube clips of her 3A are simply astounding in their security, and I'm pretty sure now that her growth spurt is more or less over she can train the 3a with much more consistency than before.

At first I thought her 3t-3t wasn't going to be enough, but plenty of ladies (Sotnikova, Kostner) have won medals and beaten their rivals with this combo. Looking the scoresheets prove that the judges haven't valued the 3z-3t/3f-3t as much as they once did.

LRK

Record Breaker
I would love to see her going for it at a competition, though I think it would most likely be next season. Radionova is so close to her in scores that a small mistake can make the difference, if she doesn't land that 3A perfectly on daily basis is not worth risking it right now, and she couldn't land it at the Euros Gala.
Of course, it's still beautiful and I'm hoping the best for her. My favorite female skater at the moment :)

She did it at Bavarian Open, but fell. Those who have seen it, though (the video doesn't load for me), say that it was close - closer than the one she did at the Euros' gala.

BounceAround

On the Ice
great landing in the video, she sold it, but that would almost definitely not be ratified in competition. Most of Mao's looked cleaner than that.

In the other videos we've seen, the landing was much more around and the skid on the takeoff looked smaller. It may have just been the angle. I'm not sure why the author chose to feature this particular attempt, which looks like one of her weaker ones. She seems close to getting it in competition!

dress

On the Ice
It's exciting! She is a very good jumper. I think it's possible for her to land a 3a in competition.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Tuk is one of the most, perhaps top 5, talented and technically pure female jumpers ever to walk the earth IMO, reminiscent of Ito and Harding. Some of her Youtube clips of her 3A are simply astounding in their security, and I'm pretty sure now that her growth spurt is more or less over she can train the 3a with much more consistency than before.

At first I thought her 3t-3t wasn't going to be enough, but plenty of ladies (Sotnikova, Kostner) have won medals and beaten their rivals with this combo. Looking the scoresheets prove that the judges haven't valued the 3z-3t/3f-3t as much as they once did.

What I like about her jumps is that they look so easy. There is so little jerkiness or hurling herself into the air. Her 3A entrance looks like she could be doing a waltz jump.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

Maybe judges are trying to reward good jump technique? But then that doesn't explain with Yulia and Elena are so highly rewarded for their combos:think:

What I like about her jumps is that they look so easy. There is so little jerkiness or hurling herself into the air. Her 3A entrance looks like she could be doing a waltz jump.

Same! The air position is just fantastic too, she really jumps with her legs. The height in that video in the article is just fantastic. Even if she can't complete the 3A at Worlds I will not think any less of her. She could always practice it during the summer and bring it next year :rock:

BlackPack

Medalist
Maybe judges are trying to reward good jump technique? But then that doesn't explain with Yulia and Elena are so highly rewarded for their combos:think:

I sure hope so. But sometimes it seems that judges inflate the PCS to compensate for 3-3s of lesser difficulty. Tuk definitely deserves higher PCS, but I'm still thinking under the 6.0 system where 3z-3t's were more highly rewarded.

The trend of ladies performing 3t-3ts instead of more difficult 3-3s and being compensated in PCS points to another flaw in the judging system.

I'm not disagreeing with Tuk's wins now that I understand COP better.

It was so weird for me to understand when men started doing 3-3s instead of 4-3s in SPs. In fact, it was even stranger to understand how men can win championships without a quad. It took me a really long time to understand COP, especially after not watching skating during the transition between 2 systems.

On the whole, I don't think COP improved skating for the better.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Men should not be encouraged to do 3-3s in the SP. :disapp: :hijacked:

Back to Liza: I'd love to see her become the sixth (?) woman to land the triple axel in international competition. :rock: As her fan, I wish she wouldn't risk it at Worlds. However, as a fan of this sport, it would be excellent to see someone keep the triple axel alive in the women's field.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
She should totally do it at world's! She's got the exhibition right? That would be the right time to try that jump.

Unless Ladies turns out to be a splatfest and she skates last. Then by all means do the jump.

BlackPack

Medalist
Hmmm... at what rate of consistency will Mishin "allow" Tuk to do the 3a? It seems that their approach has been very conversative. She is certainly capable of 3z-3t but they haven't taken that risk lately and only go for jumps that she can do in her sleep. I'd say Mishin wouldn't agree with letting her try the 3a if it hasn't reached 90% consistency.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I think it's not worthy to do it at worlds but next season will be very interesting.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
She's an excellent jumper, so I see no reason why she shouldn't add the 3A back to her repertoire again. She used to be able to do it. I do have mixed feelings about adding it in competition for Worlds next month, seems like there is a rush to add this element. If the goal was to be doing a 3A this season, I feel she should have been attempting it earlier in the year.

Although I agree with others thoughts on this: maybe Liza's camp is bluffing with this news to rattle the competition a bit. Or maybe, the 3A will be a last minute decision based on skating order and how others perform (mainly Radionova)...

I do not necessarily agree that 'Liza can win Worlds' without the 3A. Yes, it's possible she could win without it, but Liza and Elena have been neck-and-neck all season long... there is zero room for error with both skaters if they want to win. And the biggest 'problem' is that Liza and Elena have been so freaking consistent this season, making it so difficult to predict the results. I think Liza dodged a bullet at the GPF last year, with Elena being sick and falling in her SP -- otherwise, Elena may have won that one. Just goes back to my original thought: both skaters need to bring their A-game at Worlds. Hopefully, nobody gets injured or sick around the time of Worlds...

All that said, my money is still on Liza for World champ! ;)

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
She's an excellent jumper, so I see no reason why she shouldn't add the 3A back to her repertoire again. She used to be able to do it. I do have mixed feelings about adding it in competition for Worlds next month, seems like there is a rush to add this element. If the goal was to be doing a 3A this season, I feel she should have been attempting it earlier in the year.

Although I agree with others thoughts on this: maybe Liza's camp is bluffing with this news to rattle the competition a bit. Or maybe, the 3A will be a last minute decision based on skating order and how others perform (mainly Radionova)...

I do not necessarily agree that 'Liza can win Worlds' without the 3A. Yes, it's possible she could win without it, but Liza and Elena have been neck-and-neck all season long... there is zero room for error with both skaters if they want to win. And the biggest 'problem' is that Liza and Elena have been so freaking consistent this season, making it so difficult to predict the results. I think Liza dodged a bullet at the GPF last year, with Elena being sick and falling in her SP -- otherwise, Elena may have won that one. Just goes back to my original thought: both skaters need to bring their A-game at Worlds. Hopefully, nobody gets injured or sick around the time of Worlds...

All that said, my money is still on Liza for World champ! ;)

I was thinking the same thing. But, she should only do it if she goes after Radionova in the free if she's trailing. That's it. Also, she needs to move her lutz and axel in the second half for her sp

LRK

Record Breaker
I was thinking the same thing. But, she should only do it if she goes after Radionova in the free if she's trailing. That's it. Also, she needs to move her lutz and axel in the second half for her sp

The plan - if they go through with it - is to do the 3A in the short - not the free.