Most marketable Female athletes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Most marketable Female athletes

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I simply do not find them that interesting in the "personality department". They do not have that personality plus factor that usually gets endorsements. This is basically all I have tried to convey about them.

All a matter of opinion, of course :yes:.

For me, Serena Williams absolutely does have personality+++ :).

And I don't find Venus any less interesting than Sharapova. (Or any less visually attractive.) YMMV.

Are we trying to be real in here…?

Nah, just courteous. Why go on a figure skating forum and complain that you are not interested in a particular tennis player? Serena Williams is not interested in your personality either, but she is not annoying us about it.

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I have a marketing background and my company has some sports sponsorships (although we don't have deals with the Williams sisters). So to answer the question of why the Williams sisters get endorsements, It's simple. They have a compelling, rags to riches story. They revolutionized tennis, so they are seen as "cutting edge". They have incredible longevity. And they are proven winners. These are traits that many brands want to be associated with.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think the Shibutanis has some sort of endorsement/deal with Unoqlo, the Japanese clothing brand.

If not, they should get one stat! :)

https://twitter.com/alexshibutani/status/568963004072648705
https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/status/568930661282684929

More re the Shibutanis and Uniqlo:

For International Women's Day today, Uniqlo USA posted a tweet and Instagram re Maia :):

The photo is the same as the one in Maia's own recent tweet.

More reason to believe that Uniqlo became official sponsors of the Shibs last year on some level :cool:.​