What happened to Adrian Schultheiss? | Golden Skate

What happened to Adrian Schultheiss?

BlackPack

Medalist
I don't know if he is officially retired or not - what is he doing now? I discovered him a few years ago. He was odd. Not quite kitsch, not quite cheesy, but not a master of cool of either, since his skating quality meant he would be broadcast in figure-skating-loving European networks that broadcast 5 hours of footage but not in networks that only broadcast the podium members. He did some unusual programs; one of their themes is an asylum inmate. Most of "madness" that has been portrayed in skating was "Carmen flapping her skirt" or "hands on pendulating head." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=133MhhbZ4K4

I'm looking for another program of his which I can't find - He was literally portraying a robot. I actually laughed out loud. He is sort of a techno Gary Beacom, but Adrian's skills aren't quite up there.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He's a coach in Florida. He has a fairly active Facebook page.

I loved Adrian's skating.

gmyers

Record Breaker
His worlds performance of his free skate in 2010 is one of my favorite performances ever!!!!!

ragdoll

On the Ice
An injury to his back that two years ago still hadn't healed (according to an article) forced him to retire. He is coaching in Florida where he is living with his girlfriend.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hope he is happy; I hate it when someone is forced out of something because of injuries or lack of money. but he should be proud of his accomplishments. He skated at the elite level and that is a huge honour and achievement.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Adrian was a favourite of mine, too. It's unfortunate that he had to quit, but I hope he enjoys coaching in Florida, and I recommend that he always wears sunscreen, because of his very fair complexion.