Best Ice shows touring now? | Golden Skate

Best Ice shows touring now?

ICECOOLONE

Spectator
Hi, I'm new here and a casual figure skating fan wondering about the current ice shows touring the U.S. The only shows I've ever seen in person were Champions on Ice way back in 2001 + 2002 and was completely blown away by them. (I have the 2000 + 2002 shows on tape and just watched them again and still completely impressed with the high energy music, routines. + costumes etc)

Now I was looking around lately and seen Stars on Ice is in my area soon but after looking up the musical selections and seeing clips on youtube it seems a little laid back compared to those Champions on Ice tours. So I'm wondering is that a correct impression I'm getting and if so are there any shows currently touring that are more similar to those C-O-I tours mentioned? Hope this was a valid topic for this forum. Thanks!

centerpt1

On the Ice
The best shows are in Japan, Korea, and Europe. Canadian SOI has a better cast than US SOI , at least this year. It's a matter of taste-some people will like the US cast. Some years SOI is better than others. I have to travel, so I only go to US SOI if one of my favorite skaters is in it. {I've been twice in the last 5 years}

SkateFan66

On the Ice
If SOI is in your area, you should definitely go see it. The SOI shows that I have attended have all been very entertaining. The cast this year is fantastic. I know four people that attended the SOI show in Lake Placid and all had great things to say about the show. I am looking forward to attending a few SOI shows this year (with the bonus of earning a lot of frequent flyer miles)

noskates

Record Breaker
I've rarely been disappointed in Stars on Ice. I believe Jeff Buttle choreogrsaphed the show this year and there are some outstanding performers in the cast. There were skaters through the years that I got really bored watching but this is a fresh group/

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I :love: SOI, and we've gone every season since 1993. I do wish that the cast for the US tour was more of a mix of the international skaters too. We :love: the Canadians, as well. That said, we are thrillled that Katia, Ilia, and the Kerrs are in the current US tour.