2015 WC Men's Small Medal Ceremony | Golden Skate

2015 WC Men's Small Medal Ceremony

Interspectator

Record Breaker
1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C9zsntMGS8
2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhLKLIMAC8k
This can be moved to the Worlds folder but I wanted to share it here first.
Especially in the second part, the men all talk so kindly about each other.
They love figure skating and they are really excellent role-models of kindness, competitiveness and sportsman-ship.

The rest is in English so I will do a rough translation of Yuzu's Comments.
Vid 1: About 3 quads...
Yuzu: Thank you for today. Javier put 3 quads in his program, and I had the same plan, and if I can, I will want to do the same.
My weapon is not just the quad, it is the triple axel and other things also contribute to points. So when I have the stamina to do those things, I will challenge the quad. Thank you for your support.

Vid 2: Best points (and bad points about each other)
Yuzu: I will start with the easiest, Javi. We are always training together. What is really good about him, well this time I'm in a position to understand, that he genuinely is happy for the good performances of others. From his heart. This is really amazing. I'm full of regret, right now, I'm like "I'll beat you next time!" But the kindness of Javi's heart, is what is wonderful about him. This comes out in his skating. I think this is the skating that captures everyone.

Denis and I have been competing since we were Juniors, watching his performances makes me very on-edge. When he does a wonderful performance, it is really, really wonderful.
My favorite Olympics is the Saltlake City Olypmics, he has the air about him like Alexei Yagudin. The power of his performance, expression, jumps and the like, I am amazed, and at the same time, I feel like, I mustn't be left behind. I should see only the good, but I mustn't lose! No bad things, sorry. Thank you.

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
Did Yuzuru said he regret because of his lost or he regret because he doesn't have as good sportmanship as Javi?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Did Yuzuru said he regret because of his lost or he regret because he doesn't have as good sportmanship as Javi?
More like because he didn't land the quads lol. Yuzuru is not that generous person, he admitted that.
But reading in the context maybe he feels embarrassed that he couldn't be as generous as Javi.