Best pairs of the season | Golden Skate

Best pairs of the season

QuadThrow

Medalist
It was already posted for single skating...

but here are the best pairs and pair-skating throws and jumps of the Season (i hope there are no mistakes):

4Tw Peng/Zhang (4CC) GOE 2,57 (10,67... is the highest value for an element in pair skating ever)
4STh Kavaguchi/Smirnov (Euros) GOE 1,00
3Tw Tarasova/Morozov (Euros SP) GOE 1,90
3FTh/3LzTh Sui/Han (4CC SP, LP) GOE 1,90
3LoTh Pang/Tong (Worlds SP) GOE 2,00
3STh Pang/Tong (Worlds LP) GOE 2,10 (maximum)
3Lz Duhamel/Radford (4CC SP) GOE 1,40
3S Tarasova/Morozov (Worlds SP) GOE 1,50
3T Stolbova/Klimov (CoR SP) GOE 1,60
3T+2T+2T Stolbova/Klimov (Euros) GOE 1,50

Overall Duhamel/Radford (Worlds) 221,53
SP Duhamel/Radford (Worlds) 76,98
SP TES Duhamel Radford (Worlds) 41,27
SP PCS Pang/Tong (Worlds) 35,91
FP Duhamel/Radford (GPF) 146,22
FP TES Duhamel/Radford (GPF) 74,34
FP PCS Pang/Tong (Worlds) 73,61

AnaBM

Rinkside
It surprises me to not see D/R between the first places and at the same that not at all, I think this speaks a lot about them, hard elements ≠ clean elements.
Thumbs up for P/Z, that 4Tw is indeed amazing and K/S for the positive GOE in the quad :clap:

lyndichee

Medalist
I think TES is great and I love D/R but even if they don't have the same connection they could try working on it a little. Clearly the tech is there, in order to compete with the likes of V/T and S/K next year, they will need to work on the performance side.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you for compiling this.

Pleasantly surprised to see K/S with the highest throw 4S GOE (I find theirs more controlled than D/R's). Great work for Peng/Zhang to receive the highest mark for a single pairs element (well deserved--the most beautiful quad-anything for sure). And for Pang/Tong to receive straight +3s for their throw 3S--all their work and experience on the throws really paid off.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I can't get over how inflated D/R components are. Yeah, their programs might be better than last season but they're getting S/S and V/T level components. Ridiculous.

AnaBM

Rinkside
I can't get over how inflated D/R components are. Yeah, their programs might be better than last season but they're getting S/S and V/T level components. Ridiculous.
^^ This a thousand times, they may have great tech content but no way they have that quality :/.

cl2

Final Flight

I don't know exactly how close you consider to be "on the level of V/T". At their respective bests, D/R (wc2015 LP) got almost 7 points less in PCS than V/T (owg2014 LP). In my eyes, that's not at all the same level. Care to clarify your statement?

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I don't know exactly how close you consider to be "on the level of V/T". At their respective bests, D/R (wc2015 LP) got almost 7 points less in PCS than V/T (owg2014 LP). In my eyes, that's not at all the same level. Care to clarify your statement?

Um...yah. That's still too high. Should be more like 67-69. But that's just "my eyes."

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thank for the complied info! If there are gifs for the list, that could be very helpful though.

magicrider

Rinkside
Such sour grapes in these commentaries. Duhamel and Radford had obviously worked the hardest to improve and the results of the season don't lie. I love their artistry as well as their technical ability. One can see their strong friendship and respect for each other in their performances. Not every pair has to pretend to be an off-ice couple to have a good relationship on the ice. :cheer:
^^ This a thousand times, they may have great tech content but no way they have that quality :/.

AnaBM

Rinkside
I don't think these are sour grapes comments, or at least not from my part. I've been a long time fan of D/R and I know they have worked a lot for their elements and deserve their victories, what I'm just trying to say is that pair skating should be more than just 'hard elements' that sometimes don't even look good. Each time they're about to do the 4STh or the SBS 3Lz it seems the program is cut in half.
I know this is a sport and of course must have progress, I'm all in for that, but the skating in between those elements is important too, and the SS of Meagan and Eric are not to compare to, e.g. Savchenko/Szolkowy or Pang and Tong.