2015 JGP Colorado Springs -Anyone going? | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs -Anyone going?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If this is held at the World Arena, I would go in a heartbeat as Colorado Springs has the best set up for skating events I have ever seen.
Arena, two sheets practice ice, hotels and restaurants all within crawling distance.
Trouble is, there is a conflict with the Reno National Air Races...but if those are canceled, I would go. Nice bike trip from Spokane.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
If this is held at the World Arena, I would go in a heartbeat as Colorado Springs has the best set up for skating events I have ever seen.
Arena, two sheets practice ice, hotels and restaurants all within crawling distance.
Trouble is, there is a conflict with the Reno National Air Races...but if those are canceled, I would go. Nice bike trip from Spokane.

I have given it some thought. I want to see who is going to be there, and compare their schedule to mine first.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
With the possibility that SA will be in Milwaukee, I and my western skating friends are eyeing Colorado Springs for our fall skating fix....except I have a conflict.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
As of 02 Jun 2015, all JGP announcement and Entry Forms have been published and are available for download.
JGP series page:

JGP Colorado Springs event page:

JGP Colorado Springs announcement:

Main arena: Broadmoor World Arena
Practice arena: World Arena Ice Hall

EVENT SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015
All day
Arrival of teams

Wednesday, September 2, 2015
All day
Official practice

Thursday, September 3, 2015
15:30
MEN – Short Program
PAIRS – Short Program​

Friday, September 4, 2015
11:00
ICE DANCE – Short Dance
LADIES – Short Program
MEN – Free Skating
Victory Ceremony MEN​

Saturday, September 5, 2015
09:30
ICE DANCE – Free Dance
PAIRS – Free Skating
LADIES – Free Skating
Victory Ceremonies ICE DANCE, PAIRS and LADIES​

Please note: This schedule is subject to changes and will be updated in accordance with the final number of entries.​

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if Vincent ZHOU will make his JGP debut at this event, as Broadmoor is his home rink.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I wonder if Vincent ZHOU will make his JGP debut at this event, as Broadmoor is his home rink.

Vincent is currently officially slated to make his JGP debut at JGP Slovakia, in addition to Vivian Le and Emily Chan. Kevin Shum will also be competing for USA.

Per: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

Additionally, there are some JGP competitors who train in my area and I've overheard conversations at the rink. Apparently the American men competing at JGP Colorado Springs are Tomoki Hiwatashi, Nathan Chen, and Oleksiy Melnyk.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Anyone know how much tickets cost & how you buy them?

FWIW, this non-official Facebook post says that admission is free.

ETA:
The detailed color-coded Time and Practice Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgpusa2015_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf (as of Aug 26; ETA, now updated as of Aug 29)​

ETA, event page on the unofficial Facebook account of Broadmoor Skating Club:
https://www.facebook.com/events/612544038885280/ (it too says that admission is free)​

Last edited: