2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

burntBREAD

Medalist
Mirai's LP is to the Great Gatsby soundtrack, specifically "Young and Beautiful" by Lana del Rey (love this song!) and "Back to Black" (covered by Beyoncé for the movie, although I vastly prefer the original by Amy Winehouse, which is one of my all-time favorite songs)!

Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Miyu Nakashio
SP: choreographed by Kenji MIyamoto
FS: Scheherazade, choreographed by Nanami Abe

Rika Hongo
SP: choreographed by Akiko Suzuki

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Mirai's LP is to the Great Gatsby soundtrack, specifically "Young and Beautiful" by Lana del Rey (love this song!) and "Back to Black" (covered by Beyoncé for the movie, although I vastly prefer the original by Amy Winehouse, which is one of my all-time favorite songs)!

I love Lana del Rey! Too bad she won't use Amy Winehouse version. Not sure what to think about that program though. It could be good, but at the same time it could be uninspired.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

yeah the original is better. But I love the song choices :love:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Demons I LOVE that ex. and Young and beautiful :eek:: Can't wait.:cheer:
the question is WHO will be the choreographer, is it still Adam.

Last edited:

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
Very excited to see Mirai's new programs! Always been a fan of the "Demons" ex, and I fell in love with The Great Gatsby OST because of Madison and Zach's FD last year! I'm interested to see what a singles skater will do with it!

Also, Akiko's choreographing for Rika? EXCITEMENT!! :cheer:

skatemouse

On the Ice
Pairs

Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran USA
SP Ain't No Sunshine; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP A medley of Journey songs: "Don't Stop Believin'" in instrumental and vocal versions, "Open Arms" and "Any Way You Want It; choreography by Julie Marcotte

DeeDee Leng & Simon Shnapir USA
SP Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, performed by Edvin Marton; choreo by Julie Marcotte
LP choreo by Julie Marcotte.

Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim USA
SP Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters"
LP Elizabeth: The Golden Age for the soundtrack

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov RUS
SP Nagada Sang Dohl; Indian theme; choreo by Morozov
LP Dracula and Van Helsing soundtrack; choreo by Morosov

I think Julie Marcotte is choreography for Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim as well.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chase Belmontes has a blog entry that talks about next season's programs.

http://figureskatersonline.com/chasebelmontes/new-season-new-programs/

He is working with Phillip Mills and Frank Carol on a FS to New World Symphony by Dvorak. Which looks to be 42 minutes long but here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETNoPqYAIPI

SP is also by Phillip Mills

“La Muerte Del Angel” [Astor Piazzolla, performed] by Devich Trio.

Looks to be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRFMZ6KPE2E

Thx for the links, Stitch: how I love Chase's blog entries :love: Since I like him so much as a person, based on social media, I do wish he were a better competitor. But he addresses even that with humor...
My guess would be cuts from the second movement of New World Symphony, since it is slower and more dramatic. Good luck Chase:cheer2:

firal

Record Breaker
From various twitter posts and FU post by cohkaix:

This is from an interview of some young skaters from 'Howa Sportsland' (Akiko's skating club) broadcast last night. New programs of the season from:

Rika
SP: 'Quidam' of Cirque du Soleil (Choreographed by Akiko)
FS: Riverdance

Sota
SP: Poeta
FS: Tchaikovsky piano concerto

Rin Nitaya
SP to be choreographed by Akiko

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
From various twitter posts and FU post by cohkaix:

Well Rika's choices are very interesting. I don't think this is exactly her style, her SP is more like Akiko's style, but it is good they will try some different music. Anyway I'm happy that her choreographer is Akiko and I can't wait what she will show us next season.