2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Patrick Chan:

David Wilson will be choreographing his routines: “Stepping Out” for the short program (music he used for exhibitions during the 2013-14 season) and a revamping of the long program that we’ve seen only at last year’s Japan Open .... The music? Chopin’s Revolutionary Etude.

https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.co...chan-strides-boldly-back-to-competition-wars/

Didn't he just say that he wanted to try new styles? And complain that Javier and Yuzuru weren't doing anything new? He is...really something...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Didn't he just say that he wanted to try new styles? And complain that Javier and Yuzuru weren't doing anything new? He is...really something...

Chan's SP will have lyrics, which will be new for him for a competitive program.

Chan said he plans to continue training with Johnson at the Detroit Skating Club and will work with choreographer David Wilson. For his short, he said he will use a program similar to the one he performed to Tony Bennett's "Steppin' Out," and that it will have lyrics. He will retool the Chopin free skate that helped him to a first-place finish at the Japan Open last October.
Johnson, his coach for the past five years, said she will be in Toronto to help fine-tune the programs.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2015/05/05/122504458

ice coverage

Record Breaker

AND ... Peter Tchernyshev is the choreographer of the Shibutanis' Coldplay FD -- per the photo attached to the tweet. :yay:

Peter was the choreographer for the Shibutanis' Coldplay exhibition to "O."

Stupid question: are the two pieces of music one and the same?? :confused2: .... I obviously don't know a lot about Coldplay.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
AND ... Peter Tchernyshev is the choreographer of the Shibutanis' Coldplay FD -- per the photo attached to the tweet. :yay:

Stupid question: are the two pieces of music one and the same?? :confused2: .... I obviously don't know a lot about Coldplay.

No. But they are from the same album, Ghost Stories, which came out in 2011

ice coverage

Record Breaker
No. But they are from the same album, Ghost Stories, which came out in 2011

Thank you, Mrs. P :).

Anyway, I loved the Shibutanis' Coldplay ex ... so I'm excited about their FD news :).

ETA, the full text of Maia's tweet:
Our Free Dance this season will be to "Fix You" by Coldplay. Love creating with Peter! This one feels very special.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker

:cheer::popcorn:!!! I am sure Peter will do a great job, or at least better than Marina. I am not so familiar with Coldplay but that song is really beautiful.

Meoima

Match Penalty

Krunchii

Record Breaker

This is the best news I've heard all day, I loved that EX so much, I show it to all my friends who haven't gotten into figure skating and all of them say it's beautiful

can't wait to see it

burntBREAD

Medalist
Fix You is a GREAT song, one of my favorites. It's very emotional and quiet and has a pretty epic ending sequence -- I highly recommend listening to it!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Maia and Alex got a lot of love for their exhibition this year, so I think this is a fantastic choice! It's an emotional song but not necessarily a romantic one. They should be able to show off their chemistry without having to worry about weirding people out.

ETA: In case anyone's curious and hasn't seen it, here's an HD video of their EX at Cup of China (with British Eurosport commentary): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvDrOT79Nzk

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great news from Shibs! their ex is one of my favourites this season (such a shame we didnt get to see it at worlds :cry:) :love: i hope we will see it before GPS starts :laugh:
and about chan, well, one would think after a year break he would have 2 brand new programs (i guess chopin counts as new since he performed it only at JO) especially after his comments about originality and trying new things (yes he was using it as ex for 2013-14 season) yesterday ( considering he turned his 2011-2012 ex program to a SP for the following 2 seasons :hijacked: ), well good luck to him

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Hmm. I remember not liking that EX during Olympic year, but watching back now, it's not bad. It showcases his skating skills, and I find him more interesting on fun programs than he is on Aranjuez/Four Seasons/ect. This program gives me a Han Yan vibe; not sure if that's good or not, considering I like Han Yan but don't like his programs.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Tammi reminded me that back in March, Cannuscio & McManus announced their programs in an ice-dance.com interview:

Anastasia Cannuscio & Colin McManus USA
SD Prokofiev’s “Cinderella;" choreography by Ron Ludington
FD Selections by Beethoven: “Ninth Symphony,” “Moonlight Sonata,” and “Fifth Symphony;” choreography by Ron Ludington

Lenny318

On the Ice
Karen Chen posted this on Instagram earlier:

"I am so excited about my Les Miserables FS that Cindy Stuart choreographed!! I absolutely love this music!!! :love: It's funny how I never bothered to figure out how to pronounce this correctly until now...lol :p"

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Woops :eek::

Karen Ludington, not Ron Ludington, did the choreo for Cannuscio and McManus.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Karen Chen posted this on Instagram earlier:

"I am so excited about my Les Miserables FS that Cindy Stuart choreographed!! I absolutely love this music!!! :love: It's funny how I never bothered to figure out how to pronounce this correctly until now...lol :p"

She likes the 'serious' themes eh? Looking forward to it also. :cheer: