2015-2016 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Programs by Discipline

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Karen Chen posted this on Instagram earlier:

"I am so excited about my Les Miserables FS that Cindy Stuart choreographed!! I absolutely love this music!!! :love: It's funny how I never bothered to figure out how to pronounce this correctly until now...lol :p"

Hohoho... Gooooo Karen! Good luck!
Any news on her SP?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Karen Chen posted this on Instagram earlier:

"I am so excited about my Les Miserables FS that Cindy Stuart choreographed!! I absolutely love this music!!! :love: It's funny how I never bothered to figure out how to pronounce this correctly until now...lol :p"

thanks for the info! i really love her and this seems really different than her choices this season, i cant wait! i wonder if she will turn senior or remain junior 1 more season, hopefully we will know soon, wish her good luck for next season and seasons to come! :cheer:

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
Karen's supposedly skating as a senior next season. I believe that Amber Glenn is doing her LP to On My Own as well. Maybe Les Mis will be this year's Phantom.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Karen's supposedly skating as a senior next season. I believe that Amber Glenn is doing her LP to On My Own as well. Maybe Les Mis will be this year's Phantom.
As a Senior? :scowl: She didn't have much success as a Junior (she fully deserves a JW/JGPF medal!), so maybe she should do the same thing as Proklova... Anyway, I'm super excited about Les Miserables!!

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Looking forwards to Chen, Chan, and the Shibs' programs so far.... (and Bell and Cain and a bunch of other people.... :slink:)

noskates

Record Breaker

Was thinking the exact same thing. And another favorite music is being ruined by figure skating. Dang. Wish they would get a little more creative.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Cindy Stuart is a fantastic and perfect choreographer for young, cute, upcoming ladies. She choreoed for Mariah Bell and SoYoun's OG season programs. Her programs (the ones that I watched) usually are light, fresh, joyful and lovely. Can't wait how she use the music of Les Mis. and how Karen will perform to it. will be something different for both of them.:cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
NOOOOOO WHYYYYY NOOOO!!!!
WHY I HATE BOTH!!!
Another epidemic is coming!! :hijacked:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Well uh, I've had enough Les Mis but Amber and Karen are still young, I find that any skaters who branch out usually skate to more warhorses when they're younger to get more comfortable, I'll allow it

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ I was about to post the same thing. For me, it is okay for young skaters to choose war house music. Some music maybe the music used by their idols who inspired them and they really wanna give it a try. As an established skater, I think it is better to use music of their own identity or explore more.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Oh I really like Les Mis ^^ I don't mind too much if that would be the case

Scovies

Final Flight
AND ... Peter Tchernyshev is the choreographer of the Shibutanis' Coldplay FD -- per the photo attached to the tweet. :yay:

Peter was the choreographer for the Shibutanis' Coldplay exhibition to "O."

Stupid question: are the two pieces of music one and the same?? :confused2: .... I obviously don't know a lot about Coldplay.

I just did a fist-pump. I think this'll be amazing.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As a Senior? :scowl: She didn't have much success as a Junior (she fully deserves a JW/JGPF medal!), so maybe she should do the same thing as Proklova... Anyway, I'm super excited about Les Miserables!!

Karen has no reason to stay a Junior. She finished 3rd at Nationals as a Senior which showed she can skate with the big girls. As for not having much success as a Junior she won a medal in every JGP she was in and made the JPGF in 2013 but broke her ankle which set her back for about a year.

LisaM

Medalist
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's SD will be choreographed by Ilia Averbukh, their FD will be choreographed by Antonio Najarro. Nothing's known about their music yet unfortunately!
Ilia Averbukh also mentions working with Radionova.
http://tass.ru/sport/1954540

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Ohh I hope that does not mean POTO does not come back.

BTW the first Phantom program i found (easily) was Yankowskas/Gaman SP thanks to Golden411 on post 100 of last years thread.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51113-2014-2015-Programs-by-Discipline&p=951993&viewfull=1#post951993

Given they did not make it to worlds I am wonder if it makes it more fitting or we should look for someone else.

Takahito Mura was the next i found thanks to Krunchii

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51113-2014-2015-Programs-by-Discipline&p=961218&viewfull=1#post961218

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States